website statistics

Fencing EFC European Championships 2024

Totallympics

:ITA - :HUN in women's epee final

waiting for the other zonal champs to define the ranking of course, but with today's results the Olympic table in women's epee should look like:

1st half:

:ITA - :EGY

two of :UKR / :USA / :CHN

2nd half:
:POL - one of :UKR / :USA / :CHN
:KOR - :FRA

11 minutes ago, Faramir said:

waiting for the other zonal champs to define the ranking of course, but with today's results the Olympic table in women's epee should look like:

1st half:

:ITA - :EGY

two of :UKR / :USA / :CHN

2nd half:
:POL - one of :UKR / :USA / :CHN
:KOR - :FRA

I fear that there will be a draw also in the team events this time around (1-2 vs 7-8 and 3-4 vs 5-6), so not to have mathematical pairings known months before the actual competition :mumble:

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, phelps said:

I fear that there will be a draw also in the team events this time around (1-2 vs 7-8 and 3-4 vs 5-6), so not to have mathematical pairings known months before the actual competition :mumble:

no drawing of lots for team events, unless there is a tie in the FIE ranking
https://static.fie.org/uploads/33/169707-Documents for Paris 2024 ang.pdf

And we flopped big time against Hungary in men's foil :facepalm:, so :HUN - :FRA in final and, unless something weird (like the USA flopping at the PanAmericans) happens, the Olympic table should be:

:JPN - :CAN

:FRA - :CHN 

:USA - :EGY

:ITA - :POL

Edited by Faramir

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

what a shame! :facepalm: :hairpull: :smash: :spank:

I don't like the attitude of the Italian men's team at big events. This is the second such failure after the last World Championships. I don't know what the problem is, but losing to Hungary with this squad is a shame.

5 minutes ago, copravolley said:

I don't like the attitude of the Italian men's team at big events. This is the second such failure after the last World Championships. I don't know what the problem is, but losing to Hungary with this squad is a shame.

last year the problem was the health of Marini (who pulled out a true miracle when he won the individual title with a disintegrated shoulder) and Garozzo being not reliable anymore (probably he was already experiencing the problems that forced him to stop his career earlier this year)

Today...well, I think Marini was just having a bad day, maybe he was mentally spent after the individual gold medal (I hope he's not another guy like Vezzali, who often used to have downs in the team competition after winning the individual gold)

anywhere else, Bianchi is Bianchi (so, not the biggest talent in the world) and Foconi, who should be the experienced man, the "insurance", just entered the bout when he wasn't supposed to and had a rough start (but still managed to limit the damage, in the end)

I wouldn't take this competition for what it's not...it's obvious that all the qualified guys (not only the Italians, of course) are already focused on the Olympics

Posted (edited)

women's Team Epee

Gold: :ITA Italy

Silver: :HUN Hungary

Bronze: :FRA France

Semifinals

Italy b. France 32-31

Hungary b. Poland 45-37

Bronze Medal Match

France b. Poland 33-32

Gold Medal Match

Italy b. Hungary 38-31

Full Ranking & Results

https://www.fencingworldwide.com/en/4577-2023/results/

Edited by phelps

men's Team Foil

Gold: :FRA France

Silver: :HUN Hungary

Bronze: :ITA Italy

Semifinals

France b. Poland 45-29

Hungary b. Italy 44-43

Bronze Medal Match

Italy b. Poland 45-25

Gold Medal Match

France b. Hungary 45-30

Full Ranking & Results

https://www.fencingworldwide.com/en/4581-2023/results/

6 hours ago, phelps said:

last year the problem was the health of Marini (who pulled out a true miracle when he won the individual title with a disintegrated shoulder) and Garozzo being not reliable anymore (probably he was already experiencing the problems that forced him to stop his career earlier this year)

Today...well, I think Marini was just having a bad day, maybe he was mentally spent after the individual gold medal (I hope he's not another guy like Vezzali, who often used to have downs in the team competition after winning the individual gold)

anywhere else, Bianchi is Bianchi (so, not the biggest talent in the world) and Foconi, who should be the experienced man, the "insurance", just entered the bout when he wasn't supposed to and had a rough start (but still managed to limit the damage, in the end)

I wouldn't take this competition for what it's not...it's obvious that all the qualified guys (not only the Italians, of course) are already focused on the Olympics

STOP WHINING, PLEASE.:roflmao: