website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Podium Sweeps

58 minutes ago, Triplecast said:

Besides those, Cycling, Fencing, Tennis, Triathlon, Skateboarding and Surfing.  In surfing - US women could sweep.

You could certainly have three GBR women at the pointy end of the Women's Triathlon, but a sweep in a race that includes Duffy, Knibbs and te French seems unlikely.

Likewise, to be fair, three french women at the pointy end is equally plausible.

1 minute ago, Dragon said:

I was going to say :GBR Equestrian in individual eventing but I really don't believe this could happen

Historically the German Dressage would have a shout, but since the brits arrived in 2012 that's not really seemed likely.

46 minutes ago, Book said:

Skateboarding Men's Street could be a Japan sweep or a US sweep. Podium looking like it would be some mix of the top 3 from those teams.

Maybe a sprinting sweep, 100m or 200m for US Men? Or am I still living in 2022 with that?

If there is a sprint sweep, I'd say 200 m is more likely.   

3 minutes ago, Triplecast said:

If there is a sprint sweep, I'd say 200 m is more likely.   

DeGrasse, Tebogo, Hughes. Probably not. 

Men's shot is as good a chance as any (by which I mean it is still very, very unlikely) - Fabbri of Italy has the WL but then you have the US trio of Crouser, Kovacs and Otterdahl behind him in the rankings. You would expect two of them (Crouser and Kovacs) to be on the podium. Obviously Tom Walsh would likely have something to say about it as well.

18 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Historically the German Dressage would have a shout, but since the brits arrived in 2012 that's not really seemed likely.

In fairness, the Dutch arrived slightly earlier.

For GB my best guess would be womens triathlon or equestrian eventing. In athletics we could certainly sweep a few events at European level but there aren’t really any at a world level, maybe men’s 1500m but thats a highly unlikely..

:ITA Fencing, women's Individual Foil

it happened in 2012, it was July, 28th

this year the women's Individual Foil is also scheduled for Sunday, July, 28th

July, 28th is my Birthday :toast: :old: and I just can't ask for a better present :d

therefore, it's a done deal, I guess :p

1 hour ago, TeamGB said:

For GB my best guess would be womens triathlon or equestrian eventing. In athletics we could certainly sweep a few events at European level but there aren’t really any at a world level, maybe men’s 1500m but thats a highly unlikely..

I could defo see a women's 800 sweep at Europeans, especially if they picked Phoebe Gill as a fourth