website statistics

Boxing at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

Mocking Carini, a world silver medallist, as someone who doesn't know what boxing is, is what some (on social matters) extreme left Italian politicians are doing now - and it's no better than the righties screaming for "omg a transexual in women's competitions ehhhhh".  She was even quite balanced in interviews and clearly does not deserve this treatment but for someone here she is worse than real criminals :)...oh well.

By the way, I think Khelif will be told to lose, or made to lose, in the quarters or, at best for her, in the semis - a bronze might be a compromise and boxing loves compromises.

Edited by Faramir

When you born , they do necessary analyzis and put your sexe Male/femal in your netbook/passport , maybe she has excess of hormones making her muscular and strong like that ...again her photo when she was young 

p_3135pk2dm0.jpg

12 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Mocking Carini, a world silver medallist, as someone who don't know what boxing is, is what some (on social matters) extreme left Italian politicians are doing now - and it's no better than the righties screaming for "omg a transexual in women's competitions ehhhhh".  She was even quite balanced in interviews and clearly does not deserve this treatment but for someone here she is worse than real criminals :)...oh well.

By the way, I think Khelif will be told to lose, or made to lose, in the quarters or, at best for her, in the semis - a bronze might be a compromise and boxing loves compromises.

I love Italian sport the best but not Italian emotions in sport. 

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

25 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Mocking Carini, a world silver medallist, as someone who don't know what boxing is,

Not mocking her at all, it's just unfortunate to see a picture being painted this way as if Khelif can impossibly be beaten by (other) female boxers.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Not a bad statement. Where were all these people yelling and screaming before the Olympics started? If Carini, like quite a few other boxers have done already, had managed to beat her, things would have been....quiet.

Because until you see how it looks on TV you don't know how bad it is.

35 minutes ago, bestmen said:

When you born , they do necessary analyzis and put your sexe Male/femal in your netbook/passport , maybe she has excess of hormones making her muscular and strong like that ...again her photo when she was young 

p_3135pk2dm0.jpg

Because at 8 years old girls and boys often play football and even rugby together.  It is only after puberty that significant sex differences emerge, which is why the rules are written as they are. 

The way Italian boxer behaved is worst possible and the biggest scandal here. So antiolimpic. Sport is not good only when Italians are winning. I think status of her rival was quite clear, c'mon, more respect. My opinion. 

Lol. The opponent was too strong for her, she retired. End of.

Also, there are no "Italian emotions", emotions do not have a nationality.

And she has a name, wich is quite simple to write, keeping writing "Italian boxer, Italian emotions, Italian sport, Italians winning" is quite weird to say the least.

Edited by Faramir

26 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Lol. The opponent was too strong for her, she retired. End of.

Also, there are no "Italian emotions", emotions do not have a nationality.

And she has a name, wich is quite simple to write, keeping writing "Italian boxer, Italian emotions, Italian sport, Italians winning" is quite weird to say the least.

Oh there are 🙂. Ways of reacting. Believe me i know the problem, check Jóźwik 800m olympics, finał. But i am aware from childhood that there are some people with not ideal hormonal balance. You want to eliminate them? If she met the limits this is end of the story. Your athlete nade her choice. 

Edited by Pavlo