website statistics

Boxing at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

Sadly I am forced to watch boxing on the NOS. The judges gave the first round to :BRA over :NED. This is where I go to call them a corrupt bunch right?

Weird sport...

At least for one Dutch its okay on whoever wins :d

20 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

Sadly I am forced to watch boxing on the NOS. The judges gave the first round to :BRA over :NED. This is where I go to call them a corrupt bunch right?

Weird sport...

I don't know if it's irony, but that was one of the fairest decisions I've ever seen in a boxing match. :d

8 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

I don't know if it's irony, but that was one of the fairest decisions I've ever seen in a boxing match. :d

Yeah irony or sarcasm, your boxer was clearly the best. It still is a ridiculous sport though, happy I don't have to watch it at all the rest of the Games.

2 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

Yeah irony or sarcasm, your boxer was clearly the best. It still is a ridiculous sport though, happy I don't have to watch it at all the rest of the Games.

Unfortunately I agree, I always had the feeling that status counts more than the fight itself for victory. Even if the D utch was better, the brazilian would still win. The referees evaluate as they want and that's it.

Well, that's sad, because I really like the sport itself.

6 hours ago, Jinzha said:

Completely agree, I either hope rules get put into place or it gets removed from the Olympic program entirely. So many athletes are getting robbed from victory because of corruption.  :(

Not complaining about Thibeault’s loss by the way, I just finished watching it on replay, the bout could’ve gone either way and I wouldn’t have been surprised with the outcome. 

Edited by Josh

2 hours ago, Jinzha said:

Heijnen was clearly robbed. Clear and obvious theft! 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:CAN Sanford gets :UZB Abdullaev in the quarterfinals of men’s 63.5kg :facepalm::hairpull:

No medal for him unfortunately :(

Edit: Jinx works AGAIN! :cheer:

Edited by Josh

4 hours ago, Josh said:

Completely agree, I either hope rules get put into place or it gets removed from the Olympic program entirely. So many athletes are getting robbed from a victory because of corruption.  :(

I wonder if in the past decades 70s -90s was so bad as well