website statistics

Women's Basketball Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Mr. Cam said:

The Opals are looking to sneak in and steal a Bronze.

I fully expect Belgium & Germany to advance tomorrow. IF the Opals get pass

the Serbians they will have to face Team USA and and will lose BADLY famale.gif!!!

Then the Opals will play either Belgium or Germany in the Bronze medal game,

That is a bridge too far.

I tend to agree with you.  I expect Belgium, Germany, & USA to advance.  Personally i consider Serbia vs Australia a complete tossup.  Perhaps the best game of the day. I have watched all the women's games so far. Australia's claim to fame is beating France.  However they lost to Nigeria by 13 and barely beat a weak Canada team by 5.  Both France & Nigeria beat Canada by more. Serbia beat up on China and had a 3 point win over Puerto Rico.

1 hour ago, stockblock said:

I tend to agree with you.  I expect Belgium, Germany, & USA to advance.  Personally i consider Serbia vs Australia a complete tossup.  Perhaps the best game of the day. I have watched all the women's games so far. Australia's claim to fame is beating France.  However they lost to Nigeria by 13 and barely beat a weak Canada team by 5.  Both France & Nigeria beat Canada by more. Serbia beat up on China and had a 3 point win over Puerto Rico.

After seeing the so called "elite" PG's of the world, Caitlin is already WAAYYY better than

ANY PG outside Team USA. The world does not have a SINGLE PG that plays in the same

GALAXY as Clark. Name ONE PG outside of Team USA that has her BBIQ, court vision,

passing, or can shoot like CC. None of them can guard Caitlin one on one period!!! By the

2026 FIBA Women's World Cup in Germany, she will have at least 120 WNBA games of ex-

perience. At worst she will be a Team USA second rotation PG.

Edited by Mr. Cam

3 hours ago, Mr. Cam said:

After seeing the so called "elite" PG's of the world, Caitlin is already WAAYYY better than

ANY PG outside Team USA. The world does not have a SINGLE PG that plays in the same

GALAXY as Clark. Name ONE PG outside of Team USA that has her BBIQ, court vision,

passing, or can shoot like CC. None of them can guard Caitlin one on one period!!! By the

2026 FIBA Women's World Cup in Germany, she will have at least 120 WNBA games of ex-

perience. At worst she will be a Team USA second rotation PG.

Fully agree.  Think she will be the next team.  Guess They wanted to give Donna T.  one last time.

6 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

we avenged the handball players

Now France gets to dance with the Belgiums.

This is where France gets off the TGV.

1 hour ago, stockblock said:

One semi-final set                  

France 3-1 vs Belgium 2-2 

Australia 3-1 vs ???

Belgium should win.

That will give us an Australian vs. France rematch.

This time, the Opals will be playing against the French team + the refs