website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Just now, avlar said:

Yes, he is from Khmelnytsky region

How do you manage to have such strong girls? Are there wrestling lessons in your schools, or do children practice them in clubs?

10 minutes ago, intoronto said:

If AIN doesn't compete, the European quota would go to :UKR I think? 

I will bring more details later, next week. But Khoroshavtseva used occupied Ukrainian territories to have training camp alongside with some other female wrestlers.

2 minutes ago, avlar said:

I will bring more details later, next week. But Khoroshavtseva used occupied Ukrainian territories to have training camp alongside with some other female wrestlers.

Donbass?

1 minute ago, copravolley said:

How do you manage to have such strong girls? Are there wrestling lessons in your schools, or do children practice them in clubs?

We have very strong traditions in western Ukraine (Lviv especially, where Maria Stadnik from). Its notable that Ukrainian is the first ever Olympic champion in Women Wrestling. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, copravolley said:

Now imagine what would happen if Liuzzi somehow won the OQ and put on a show like she did today in Paris in front of a large audience in our country who don't normally follow wrestling. It would be a laughing stock for the entire country:lol:

By the way Chiamizo has chances to get quota too.

At the WCH`23 Sidakov was in TOP-5 and Bayramov was 6th.

Thus if Sidakov will be excluded (for taking part in that famous pro-war meeting) - Bayramov will get WCH quota and Chiamizo - EQ quota. The best possible solution for UWW )

Edited by avlar

2 hours ago, avlar said:

By the way Chiamizo has chances to get quota too.

At the WCH`23 Sidakov was in TOP-5 and Bayramov was 6th.

Thus if Sidakov will be excluded (for taking part in that famous pro-war meeting) - Bayramov will get WCH quota and Chiamizo - EQ quota. The best possible solution for UWW )

And when will this be decided? After all, Chamizo and other athletes need to know how to plan training, etc. I don't believe in excluding Russians from combat sports: wrestling/judo, etc. Their federation has great connections in this federation and will not give up. They won't boycott themselves either. Where they wanted to boycott, they did not take part in qualifications, e.g. fencing or rowing. The only hope is that the wrestling federation, together with the IOC, will grant Chamizo a wild card, although they may now feel that they have already done the Italians a favor in promoting Russo.

9 hours ago, copravolley said:

And when will this be decided? After all, Chamizo and other athletes need to know how to plan training, etc. I don't believe in excluding Russians from combat sports: wrestling/judo, etc. Their federation has great connections in this federation and will not give up. They won't boycott themselves either. Where they wanted to boycott, they did not take part in qualifications, e.g. fencing or rowing. The only hope is that the wrestling federation, together with the IOC, will grant Chamizo a wild card, although they may now feel that they have already done the Italians a favor in promoting Russo.

But they were excluded! Ukraine forced such big names as Sadulaev and Evloev to be excluded.

Russians will not boycott wrestling themselves, but our pressure "helped" to exclude a lot of them including the combar sports.

I would not hope in Chiamizo`s case for UWW fair decision. It can be done via the IOC only. And the process will proceed next weeks - after the FOQ in Turkey UWW will send the quotas to the IOC. And the campaign should go before the decision of the IOC is revealed. Otherwise it would be hrad to change it.

I do not see any reason why the Italian sports community has to give up. UWW ruled out that was a "mistake" bud did nothing to fix it. 

1 hour ago, avlar said:

But they were excluded! Ukraine forced such big names as Sadulaev and Evloev to be excluded.

Russians will not boycott wrestling themselves, but our pressure "helped" to exclude a lot of them including the combar sports.

I would not hope in Chiamizo`s case for UWW fair decision. It can be done via the IOC only. And the process will proceed next weeks - after the FOQ in Turkey UWW will send the quotas to the IOC. And the campaign should go before the decision of the IOC is revealed. Otherwise it would be hrad to change it.

I do not see any reason why the Italian sports community has to give up. UWW ruled out that was a "mistake" bud did nothing to fix it. 

the problem is that here nobody is interested in wrestling, there are no important politicians rather than media ready to ride the wave of a protest against UWW

and our relationship with IOC at the moment is not as good as it was in the past: all the troubles and contrasts around the organization of the 2026 Winter Games won't make a favor to our cause right now :facepalm: