website statistics

Team GB at 2024 Olympic Qualifier Series Road to Paris 2024

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Hinson too is in a similar boat to Strachen, but I reckon it's a bit easier for him to get in with a top 20 finish probably being good enough to qualify. 

By my calculation, Hinson has moved up to 24th in the race for quotas. To get into the top 20 quota spots, Hinson would need to net over 21,000 points in Budapest - so would need a top-16 finish and realistically, probably would need a top 12 finish to get into a quota spot. An added complication is the continental representation requirement which will basically guarantee a quota will be offered to South Africa (although no guarantee they will accept it) and will set the target points total even higher for Hinson. 

18 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

By my calculation, Hinson has moved up to 24th in the race for quotas. To get into the top 20 quota spots, Hinson would need to net over 21,000 points in Budapest - so would need a top-16 finish and realistically, probably would need a top 12 finish to get into a quota spot. An added complication is the continental representation requirement which will basically guarantee a quota will be offered to South Africa (although no guarantee they will accept it) and will set the target points total even higher for Hinson. 

Is three quotas the maximum an NOC can get?

Erin McNeice safely through to the semi final for boulder/lead climbing.

Looking good for Molly Thompson-Smith as well after a solid lead round - she's currently in 16th place and there are about a dozen climbers still to go, but the athletes left are not regarded as particularly strong on lead so she should be safe.  

45 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

Molly's safe. Still in 16th and only 3 climbers left.

Yeah - the start order for the lead round was determined by the world ranking so as soon as they got into the last quarter of the field it was only really the Czech climber who could have dislodged her but she fell early and missed the cut. Only concern for Thompson-smith is whether she is carry an ankle niggle - she did look like she was limping a bit in yesterday's boulder round.

Definitely seemed a little bit unsure in the boulder. Excellent from Hamish and Erin. Both outperformed their ranking coming in quite considerably, which is all you can really ask for.

Posted (edited)

To be fair, I'm not sure how much we could legitimately expect from the skateboarders who were in action today - they weren't really our strongest skaters. My main disappointment today is probably Charlotte Worthington - she could easily have missed out on the semi finals. Hopefully she was just taking it easy and will ramp up the scores for the final. 

Edited by Rafa Maciel