409655261_344166155036360_9186866841420245658_n.png

Official Website 112255r04u4pz70n9mu99d.png
Programme 114826ez87b86sig8ubgz8.png
Results System 112255r04u4pz70n9mu99d.png
Results Database 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Facebook Page 000832qcaljaxz2cfx2jfq.png
Discussion Thread 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Edited by Sindo

49er & 49er FX 2024 World Championships (:ESP Lanzarote)

Men's 49er

Gold: :FRA Erwan Fischer & Clèment Pequin

Silver: :NED Bart Lambriex & Floris Van De Werken

Bronze: :ESP Diego Botin & Florian Trittel Paul

Full Results and Ranking

https://49er.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/49er_Overall-Results.pdf

49er & 49er FX 2024 World Championships (:ESP Lanzarote)

Women's 49er FX

Gold: :NED Odile Van Aanholt & Annette Duetz

Silver: :SWE Vilma Bobeck & Rebecca Netzler

Bronze: :ITA Jana Germani & Giorgia Bertuzzi

Full Results and Ranking

https://49er.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/49erfx__overall_results__10.pdf

8th for :CAN Georgia Lewin-Lafrance/Antonia Lewin-LaFrance :yes

Not exactly a medal contending pair, so this was a great result for them. They were 13th at last years Sailing World Championships as well! 

23 minutes ago, Josh said:

8th for :CAN Georgia Lewin-Lafrance/Antonia Lewin-LaFrance :yes

Not exactly a medal contending pair, so this was a great result for them. They were 13th at last years Sailing World Championships as well! 

Moved up 5 spots. If they move up 5 again at the Olympics... :p

Huh, is this Olympic and is this a field of participants worthy of the Olympic competitions? Don't know these Dutch, but that sounds promising if so :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Huh, is this Olympic and is this a field of participants worthy of the Olympic competitions? Don't know these Dutch, but that sounds promising if so :d 

It’s a World Championships, I would assume so :p

They’ve won medals at the last three World Championships (gold in 2022, silver in 2023, and now gold in 2024), and also won the Olympic Test Event in 2023. Right now I’d have them as the favourites for Olympic gold at Paris. 

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

It’s a World Championships, I would assume so :p

They’ve won medals at the last three World Championships (gold in 2022, silver in 2023, and now gold in 2024), and also won the Olympic Test Event in 2023. Right now I’d have them as the favourites for Olympic gold at Paris. 

I would assume so, but aren't there some sports where world championships in/around Olympic years have a lot of top athletes passing on it? :p 

Nice to know, thanks! Don't think I'll be watching it when NOS shows it, because I just can't follow sailing, but who knows :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I would assume so, but aren't there some sports where world championships in/around Olympic years have a lot of top athletes passing on it? :p 

Nice to know, thanks! Don't think I'll be watching it when NOS shows it, because I just can't follow sailing, but who knows :p 

Well yeah, but not in this case. I’m pretty sure most of the top 49er/49er FX duos are competing, there may be some names missing (due to injury and other factors) but a quality field nonetheless. 

I don’t follow sailing either, so take all of this with a grain of salt. This is all from the research I’ve done :d

13 hours ago, heywoodu said:

yes, all the best crews were there

basically this was the general proble before the Olympics (even if they have a global qualification regatta yet to come, if I remember well...but most of the Olympic participants are already there, so, not their task)

the main difference between this championship and the Olympics will be the weather/wind...in Marseille the situation is quite different from Lanzarote (which is at the Islas Canarias), so, the outcome might be different, too (btw, I don't think that :NED will miss out on a medal, at least among the women...they're too good)