website statistics

Team GB medal hopes - Cycling Road to Paris 2024

2 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

Could be disaster for the funding going forward. If the narrative of the games being a big drop from Tokyo happens (I’m predicting 30-45 medals) then everything is on the table

Will you shut up about bloody 'funding disasters'?

Enough already.

It is repetetive trolling, and you clearly know nothing about the funding model. It's obvious. So stop pretending you've anything useful to say on it.

Stop derailing interesting threads with your ridiculous obsession with doom-mongering. You've been warned often enough, it's obviously not accidental.

A normal person having such a shocking outcome from an innocuous incident would feel absurd but to happen at this point to somebody so physically talented is just cruel. 

6 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

Who will replace her in the team pursuit? 

I assume the 4 will be Knight Morris Evans Barker...still don't know what they plan to do with Zoe B but it doesn't appear she will be doubling up on track and road like Tarling.

Evans and Barker ride the Madison...as for the Omnium I have no idea. Can't expect Neah to ride all 3 events without rest.

14 hours ago, RussB said:

I assume the 4 will be Knight Morris Evans Barker...still don't know what they plan to do with Zoe B but it doesn't appear she will be doubling up on track and road like Tarling.

Evans and Barker ride the Madison...as for the Omnium I have no idea. Can't expect Neah to ride all 3 events without rest.

Maybe they won’t enter someone in the Omnium? 

30 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Maybe they won’t enter someone in the Omnium? 

I very much doubt that. On another look at the schedule, it’s quite kind to the female endurance riders with the women’s Omnium on the last day and the Madison directly in between that and the TP.

If Neah is on form (and she has really impressed me in the nations cups this year) then that might be the direction GBR take.

• 2 weeks later...

So maybe I am reading too much into the presentation of the squad announcement for the women's road cycling team but on first reading, it looks like GB may not be filling their second spot in the women's individual time trial - it's only Anna Henderson that is showing as taking part. 

20 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

So maybe I am reading too much into the presentation of the squad announcement for the women's road cycling team but on first reading, it looks like GB may not be filling their second spot in the women's individual time trial - it's only Anna Henderson that is showing as taking part. 

I wondered that too. Maybe they are leaving their options open but given the time trial is first that would seem odd. 

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I asked them. No response yet. Given Anna Morris is pulling double duty, you'd think at worst one of the Pursuit team could give it a rattle. I wonder if Katie's absence kaboshed a plan. 

2 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

I asked them. No response yet. Given Anna Morris is pulling double duty, you'd think at worst one of the Pursuit team could give it a rattle. I wonder if Katie's absence kaboshed a plan. 

Still surprises me that they haven’t found a spot for Zoe (she is travelling reserve). She could have doubled up and done the time trial.