website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2024 Broadcasters

1 hour ago, Fabinter said:

I am now residing in Brazil and I wonder and ask (all of you way much younger and knowledgeable than me) whether Discovery+ can be used in Brazil thru a VPN (they indeed confirmed I could not use my subscription over here) and which VPN could possibly be the best option; as an alternate choice, do you know if there are other providers here in Brazil able to supply a similar complete coverage (every ring,tatami,piste,heat,preliminary ...) of Paris 2024 (in 2021 Discovery+ was wonderful even for the long-lasting access to the replies!). Thanks a lot for helping this old ... "jurassic" out.

Best option for VPN would probably be the country in which you bought it.  But if that doesn't work, this seems to be the official provider in Brazil.

How to Watch 2024 Paris Olympics Live in Brazil

Edited by Grassmarket

On 7/22/2024 at 1:20 PM, heywoodu said:

That exists? :yikes: 

On 7/22/2024 at 2:02 PM, heywoodu said:

Huh, who knew. Sounds cool though, but yeah, I'm not sure what it would add when you can already go for any stream you want :p 

So far I'm not unhappy with HBO btw. The only way the player went back in quality compared to Eurosport's is the fast-forward option, which goes much slower on HBO than on Eurosport, but alright.

Found this about the Eurosport 3-9 on Max in one our sports sites

Apart national broadcaster STV viewers will be eligible to follow the Olympics from Paris also on Eurosport channels 1 and 2. In addition, their pop-ups Internet channels Eurosport 3 to 9 will be created especially during the games, which will be available on the Max streaming service. :yes

Right on Max Streaming platform it will be possible to watch live the complete program from the Olympic Games. It will also be possible to replay the streams on demand, recording or cut of some competitions. "Warner Bros. Discovery will present all 10,500 athletes, 762 sports matches, 329 medal events and 3,800 hours of live coverage on its streaming platforms in Europe during the 19 days of the Olympic Games. At one point, even a record 54 streams will run simultaneously," the company explained.

Within the Max application, viewers can set notifications that an athlete is close to winning a medal, allow moving back on the timeline, viewers can create a personalized watch list of events according to their preferences.

It will be possible to watch the competitions in 20 different language versions. In addition, Eurosport will offer special videos with local Olympic representatives.

A monthly subscription to the Max platform costs 7.99 euros. The Olympic Games in Paris will last from July 26 to August 11.

So, yeah, still waiting personally for the confirmation about the possibility of rewatching streams also on demand later and multiple times, If it really will work how I wish then I will be really satisfied and worth the investition :p

Edited by hckošice

6 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Best option for VPN would probably be the country in which you bought it.  But if that doesn't work, this seems to be the official provider in Brazil.

How to Watch 2024 Paris Olympics Live in Brazil

Tks for reply; of course I know that Globo (Sportv) and CazéTV are going to broadcast many hours of Olympic games but you know I am ... greedy of complete coverage as eveyone of us and I'd like to be able to choose all I want to ...that's why I wonder if there is a VPN which is better and apter than others, in order to exploit the possible Discovery+ subscription. Thanks again.

13 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Found this about the Eurosport 3-9 on Max in one our sports sites

Apart national broadcaster STV viewers will be eligible to follow the Olympics from Paris also on Eurosport channels 1 and 2. In addition, their pop-ups Internet channels Eurosport 3 to 9 will be created especially during the games, which will be available on the Max streaming service. :yes

Right on Max Streaming platform it will be possible to watch live the complete program from the Olympic Games. It will also be possible to replay the streams on demand, recording or cut of some competitions. "Warner Bros. Discovery will present all 10,500 athletes, 762 sports matches, 329 medal events and 3,800 hours of live coverage on its streaming platforms in Europe during the 19 days of the Olympic Games. At one point, even a record 54 streams will run simultaneously," the company explained.

Within the Max application, viewers can set notifications that an athlete is close to winning a medal, allow moving back on the timeline, viewers can create a personalized watch list of events according to their preferences.

It will be possible to watch the competitions in 20 different language versions. In addition, Eurosport will offer special videos with local Olympic representatives.

A monthly subscription to the Max platform costs 7.99 euros. The Olympic Games in Paris will last from July 26 to August 11.

So, yeah, still waiting personally for the confirmation about the possibility of rewatching streams also on demand later and multiple times, If it really will work how I wish then I will be really satisfied and worth the investition :p

Also they added the descriptions in the streams, so it will not be necessary to waste a lot of time searching like crazy for which match we want to see.

So, yeah, so far so good. Now let´s hope it will also work well and the positive mindset will stay as long as possible :p

image.png

22 minutes ago, Fabinter said:

Tks for reply; of course I know that Globo (Sportv) and CazéTV are going to broadcast many hours of Olympic games but you know I am ... greedy of complete coverage as eveyone of us and I'd like to be able to choose all I want to ...that's why I wonder if there is a VPN which is better and apter than others, in order to exploit the possible Discovery+ subscription. Thanks again.

Do you have a sub already?  Problem is I don’t think any free VPNs are any good anymore, so you’d need another subscription on top of Discovery.  People say Nord VPN is the best, but I’ve personally never used it.

2 hours ago, Fabinter said:

I am now residing in Brazil and I wonder and ask (all of you way much younger and knowledgeable than me) whether Discovery+ can be used in Brazil thru a VPN (they indeed confirmed I could not use my subscription over here) and which VPN could possibly be the best option; as an alternate choice, do you know if there are other providers here in Brazil able to supply a similar complete coverage (every ring,tatami,piste,heat,preliminary ...) of Paris 2024 (in 2021 Discovery+ was wonderful even for the long-lasting access to the replies!). Thanks a lot for helping this old ... "jurassic" out.

Olympics.com will also carry some live coverage in Brazil. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Missed this when it was published a few weeks ago - details of Eurosport's coverage in the UK.  7 additional channels, as discussed, plus names of presenters, experts etc.

Olympic heroes set to deliver most comprehensive coverage of Paris 2024 on discovery+ and Eurosport in UK & Ireland - Eurosport

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

Also they added the descriptions in the streams, so it will not be necessary to waste a lot of time searching like crazy for which match we want to see.

So, yeah, so far so good. Now let´s hope it will also work well and the positive mindset will stay as long as possible :p

image.png

For something like badminton though, I do still hope for the full-day stream instead of single matches which will lead to spoilers if you want to watch one later :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Also, just found this out for myself - if you have an existing Sky Subscription it automatically includes all the Discovery Olympic material as part of the sub.  You just have to go through some bureaucratic shenanigans to re-register and to incorporate that sub into whatever Sky device you are using.  What's nice is that it looks as though it has automatically cancelled my previous Discovery sub (via Amazon) and brought the two together.