website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2024 Broadcasters

4 hours ago, Faramir said:

So right after the Olympics no more replays on Discovery Plus (or Max or whatever is called in other countries)?

No, I think they have rights for a certain time….three months or something.  That’s the way it has been in the past. Then the copyright reverts to the IOC.

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

No, I think they have rights for a certain time….three months or something.  That’s the way it has been in the past. Then the copyright reverts to the IOC.

TBH I quite like the system, much better than the old days when the rights ran out and you suddenly couldn't get a hold of anything.

2 hours ago, mpjmcevoy said:

TBH I quite like the system, much better than the old days when the rights ran out and you suddenly couldn't get a hold of anything.

I just want a decent after the games DVD to come out like we got for london and rio, am hoping tokyo was just a blip

2 hours ago, Olympicsnell said:

I just want a decent after the games DVD to come out like we got for london and rio, am hoping tokyo was just a blip

I'm SO there with you - I have the London DVDS, the slightly inferior RIO DVDS and Sweet fanny for Tokyo; there is a value to those sort of reviews, and even if we now stream, that sort of shit would sell on Netflix, EASY. People like a neat present with a bow.