website statistics

Swimming 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

:FRA Leon Marchand went 59.06 in the 100m breaststroke today at the speedo grand challenge. Puts the French medley relay into medal contention.

Well maybe, but their freestyle leg is still an issue assuming Grousset swims fly. Backstroke leg needs some work too. 

3 hours ago, Josh said:

Well maybe, but their freestyle leg is still an issue assuming Grousset swims fly.

Grousset could actually swim freestyle with Secchi doing the fly if he confirms his progress (51.38 this season).

One other "just good" 100 FR guy would be great though.

3 hours ago, Josh said:

Backstroke leg needs some work too. 

How so ? Both Tomac and Ndoye Brouard were finalists in Fukuoka on the 100 and their splits during the medley relay were pretty even with most of the pack. 

25 minutes ago, SalamAkhi said:

Grousset could actually swim freestyle with Secchi doing the fly if he confirms his progress (51.38 this season).

One other "just good" 100 FR guy would be great though.

How so ? Both Tomac and Ndoye Brouard were finalists in Fukuoka on the 100 and their splits during the medley relay were pretty even with most of the pack. 

Their splits were pretty respectable yeah, but they’re going to need to find something more if they’re going to challenge for the medals as the Paris final will almost definitely be faster than the Fukuoka final…

Probably a 52 high I’d say. 

1 hour ago, phelps said:

:HUN Milàk wins the men's 100m Fly at the Mare Nostrum Meet in Barcelona in 50.95

more to come...

Confirms that the reports from Hungarian media were nonsense.

On 5/25/2024 at 8:57 AM, Josh said:

Their splits were pretty respectable yeah, but they’re going to need to find something more if they’re going to challenge for the medals as the Paris final will almost definitely be faster than the Fukuoka final…

Probably a 52 high I’d say. 

Yeah think this is right. I don’t see France breaking into the top 3 as it stands.

The final in Paris will be a step up from Fukuoka looking at the progression of some squads, e.g. GBR who I didn’t have as medal contenders but the progression of Morgan and Peaty puts them bang in the frame (all hopes on Jimmy regaining his fly ability!)