website statistics

Fencing FIE World Cup 2023 - 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

16 minutes ago, phelps said:

very good day for :UKR but also for :ITA and :BUL 

by beating the :USA, we made sure that :UKR now are going to overtake them in the OQR, entering the Top 4

this changes quite a few things, as the :USA are now the Pan-Am Continental qualifiers, :ITA become the European qualifiers and :BUL provisionally take the Repechage spot, even if they will have a tough task to defend that spot against :ESP in the last OQT (:AZE are theoretically still in contention, but it's highly unlikey they can make up for the points they lost today)

by the way, at the end of the day :FRA:HUN:KOR:UKR and :USA will be able to enjoy the mathematical qualification to the Olympic Games

:ITA are almost there (only a true catastrophe in the last OQR could move them out of qualifying position), same for :ALG (African spot)

the only real fight is between :BUL and :ESP (and maybe :AZE) for the Repechage spot

Unless I'm missing something, :JPN is safe to get the Asian quota, :ITA the European, :USA the American and :ALG the African, so the only chance of having the Repechage quota between :BUL:ESP:AZE is if :ALG misses the Top 16, and that does not seem very likely at the moment.

22 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Georgiadou fell in the quarterfinals, Gkountoura in the round of 16. So if my calculations are correct, Georgiadou (154) is 23 points behind Gkountoura (177).

The last chance will be in two weeks in Belgium. Here is what Georgiadou needs in order to qualify for the Olympics:

-Win at least silver and have Gkountoura lose in the round of 64

-Win gold and have Gkountoura lose in the round of 16 or round of 32

It's very unlikely...

I just did the maths and I think Gkountoura already secured the Greek spot, even if she loses in the round of 64 and Gkountoura takes the gold medal. Currently Georgiadou has 148 points instead of 154 and Gkountoura 174.

3 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Sabre W

:FRA 45 - 30 :UKR

:FRA :champion:

Congratulations to both our teams! Great result - we performed extremly well against Hugary today, I must say.

Bulgaria got bronze. So the battle for quotas is not finished for :UKR :ITA :BUL

2 minutes ago, avlar said:

Congratulations to both our teams! Great result - we performed extremly well against Hugary today, I must say.

Bulgaria got bronze. So the battle for quotas is not finished for :UKR :ITA :BUL

yes between Bulgaria and Italy there is a big fight for the European ticket.

1 minute ago, avlar said:

It is finished for :UKR. You are already qualified, congrats!

That also means that Martín-Portugués :ESP and Gkountoura :GRE secure the individual spots, even though :ESP still has a very small chance to qualify as a team.