website statistics

Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I wanted to watch the basque pelota finals, but they aren’t being shown by PanamSports or the domestic broadcasters :(

TYC Sports Play might have it, but their player isn’t very stable for me.

Guess I won’t be watching the softball final either :dunno:

It almost feels like having 1/4 of the sports program on a single day isn’t the brightest idea…

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Games fatigue is hitting me hard today. It's been fun following these, but I am ready to close the curtains on this thing.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Commentator calling the skaters “riders,” which is one of the easiest ways to get under my skin. 

We have a specific word in English for this activity! You ride a horse. You ride a bike. You skate on wheels (or ice)!

Normally not a stickler for language, but this is my hill (linguistically).

Edited by Olympian1010

1000m is a great event for showing off the sport. I’m glad World Skate/PanamSports added it to the program. 

I still prefer the distance races myself, but of the sprints, this is the best format without question.

:HON wins bronze in wrestling, the 35th NOC to win a medal here. Unlikely any of the others will. So my prediction from earlier came true lol. All 4 countries that did not medal won medals from that post, from the sports I suggested. I should do the lottery :p

2 more bronze for independent athletes (:GUA) in Karate Do, first time ever to reach double digits for bronze, 11 so far. 

Honduras (:HON) with bronze in Greco Roman. Only Belize without a medal in Central American.

With 6 gold, 10 silver and 22 bronze, 38 total medals, new record for Central American countries, for total medals.

:COL gets a gold medal in inline speed skating. What a shocking an unexpected result :yikes:

:p