website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020

7 minutes ago, Werloc said:

and it's gonna stay five if we can't give points to more than twelve nations :lol:

If it's any help, over the years I've come to realize that 1-2 points rarely matter. Songs just have to be incredibly unlucky to miss out on a higher position by such small margin. :p

Not to mention how winners (and all high finishers in general) very rarely get any low scores. Zombie won with 333 points, but didn't get any 4-, 2- and 1-point scores! :whistle:

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

If it's any help, over the years I've come to realize that 1-2 points rarely matter. Songs just have to be incredibly unlucky miss out on a higher position by such small margin. :p

Not to mention how winners (and all high finishers in general) very rarely get any low scores. Zombie won with 333 points, but didn't get any 4-, 3- and 1-point scores! :whistle:

It's a matter of pride as much as it is a strong desire to show my appreciation :p

I especially feel bad, because often songs that I think are the best may get overlooked and not voted on. So if there's a song with like 14 points at the bottom of the scoreboard and I know that it was thirteenth on my list, you bet I'm gonna feel bad :d

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

But anyway, my spreadsheets very much look like early caucases of the Primaries.

I'm eagerly awaiting for my Super Tuesday (or Super Sunday in our case :p).

Well, sorry to spoil your Sunday, but you'll get mine earlier than that.

Though seeing as I'll be working a lot at the start of the week, I assume my final listen will be scheduled for Friday and I think I'm going to do another listen right now :lol:

11 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Meanwhile the Hungarian entry won the contest know as "A Dal" which was our national selection before we withdrew from ESC. I guess TISC will now test what would have happened if we didn't withdraw from ESC. :d

I'm still mad at Hungary for how much of a downgrade 2016's Eurovision performance was compared to what they did at their NF...

Hired less professional backing vocalists that kinda ruined the chorus, dressed them up in plain T-shirts and jeans and took away their glowsticks so they could just bounce from one leg to the other whilst clapping with their hands. 

17 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I'm still mad at Hungary for how much of a downgrade 2016's Eurovision performance was compared to what they did at their NF...

Hired less professional backing vocalists that kinda ruined the chorus, dressed them up in plain T-shirts and jeans and took away their glowsticks so they could just bounce from one leg to the other whilst clapping with their hands. 

We are just bad at Eurovision and got lucky a few times despite always doing the bare minimum. Even when we perform well our staging isn't anything special.