website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2020

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Down to 26 songs after two listens. :water:

First listen counts for 35%, second for 25%, and the third will count for 40%. Top 15 will then advance to super final where top 12 + 3 reserves will be decided.

We judge differently.

1st listen: pass/fail/fail, but will listen another time

2nd listen: pass/fail + scale rating on various qualities

3rd listen: create loose provisional ranking; eliminate the rest

4th listen: head-to-head for final ranking, similar to the fencing bonus round in modern pentathlon. However, songs can continuously lose downward as well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I had my first listen last night and eliminated 5 or 6 songs... I liked the rest so it's gonna be hard to have only 12 of them at the end :lol:

I don't have one favorite for now though, but I'm pretty sure it will change after a few listens.

Down to 15 songs that make it to the Super Final.

Top entry qualifies for the Super Final with 37,53 points, while the final qualifier in 15th place has earned 25,35 points... :p

Now everyone is guaranteed either points or a place on the reserve list. :cheer:

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

After my second round of listening (audio only) i ended up eliminating 4 songs cutting them to 34.

14 already won a bye to the Final Stage (6 groups of 4 teams)  waiting for other 10 nations among 20 having to qualify from Preliminary round (5 Groups of 4) 

1 hour ago, tuniscof said:

After my second round of listening (audio only) i ended up eliminating 4 songs cutting them to 34.

14 already won a bye to the Final Stage (6 groups of 4 teams)  waiting for other 10 nations among 20 having to qualify from Preliminary round (5 Groups of 4) 

What if all the best songs fall into the same group and are eliminated early? :p

Funny thing happened here. After the first listen not a single song stood out as the clear favorite, and I can't remenber if that ever happened before.

Three listens later, and I believe I may have found my favorite TISC entry ever. :p

#banbestmen

Il y a 4 heures, Werloc a dit :

What if all the best songs fall into the same group and are eliminated early? :p

If they are the best they should be already among the 14 finalists :p 

I'm sure we will have strong groups in te Final stage :lol: in that case there will also be an allover ranking by points not to miss any great song to fail to be among the best 12 or at least the last 15

17 hours ago, tuniscof said:

Finishing my second round of listening (audio only) it's one of the closest contests i had 

Eliminated just 2 songs :redcard:   had a crush on some songs  :wub:  also liked many others ...

Do people actually watch all of the videos? :yikes: 

Every listen is audio only for me :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

il y a 1 minute, heywoodu a dit :

Do people actually watch all of the videos? :yikes: 

Every listen is audio only for me :d 

I still haven't watched videos lol :d video could be a plus or minus in case of a Tie but not necesseraly :whistle: