website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2020

Totallympics

• 1 month later...

Oddly I haven't seen protests from Lewis Hamilton yet, but I'm sure they'll come :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Oddly I haven't seen protests from Lewis Hamilton yet, but I'm sure they'll come :) 

Oh, surely, he is so engaged in fighting for equality, not only for him, but also for other people, yet always does it in a reasonable way, considering different opinions, especially those of his fellow F1 drivers - that's why he's always given the support of his team - Mercedes, a brand very well-known in the world for its resistance to "discriminating policy" of Hitler during WWII.

25 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Oh, surely, he is so engaged in fighting for equality, not only for him, but also for other people, yet always does it in a reasonable way, considering different opinions, especially those of his fellow F1 drivers - that's why he's always given the support of his team - Mercedes, a brand very well-known in the world for its resistance to "discriminating policy" of Hitler during WWII.

I don't think Mercedes/Daimler's actions during WWII can really still be blamed on the current company, but a whole lot can be blamed on the current country of Saudi Arabia..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Hamilton wins at Imola after a lucky virtual safety car timing gave him a free pitstop.

Verstappen spun out of second after a tyre failure and master choker George Russell crashed under safety car while running in the points.

Alex Albon also choked after the restart and spun all on his own. I wonder if Perez has a shot at replacing him at Red Bull next season?

Daniil Kvyat finished 4th but it looks like Yuki Tsunoda will be in that AlphaTauri next season since even BBC talked about it on air.

It'd be a little sad for Kvyat to be replaced right when he's starting to get something good going. I wonder if Albon will ever get a chance there...Gasly did and that has helped him greatly, he's a very steady racer now. Such bad luck for both Verstappen and Gasly today, and as is so often the case, Hamilton got a lucky win again indeed.

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

It'd be a little sad for Kvyat to be replaced right when he's starting to get something good going. I wonder if Albon will ever get a chance there...Gasly did and that has helped him greatly, he's a very steady racer now. Such bad luck for both Verstappen and Gasly today, and as is so often the case, Hamilton got a lucky win again indeed.

Kvyat is only 26 but this is his 6th full season already. A little too late to consider him a starter. It's a miracle that he was given another chance anyway which had more to do with the Red Bull Academy fizzling out and Brendon Hartley proving to be a complete wash.

Albon was supposed to be in Formula E before the F1 call-up. He should enjoy another chance there but it's becoming quite clear he doesn't have what it takes to succeed in a top F1 team. Stoffel Vandoorne had like the most impressive GP/F2 resume in the last decade and he bounced off the superior teammate wall in F1.

Yuki Tsunoda will be signed just to make Honda happy enough not to give up on the project like two months into the season. They are going out anyway and Red Bull can't afford to waste a whole season several months in advance.