website statistics

Team Canada at the Paris Summer Olympic Games 2024 News Road to Paris 2024

Artistic swimming team qualifies for Paris through the World Aquatic Championships! A nice surprise, after many disappointments earlier on in the meet (I’m still pissed that Vallee couldn’t secure a 3m individual quota and qualify in synchro with Ware)

21st sport qualified in. 

Edited by Josh

10 minutes ago, Josh said:

Artistic swimming team qualifies for Paris through the World Aquatic Championships! A nice surprise, after many disappointments earlier on in the meet (I’m still pissed that Vallee couldn’t secure a 3m individual quota and qualify in synchro with Ware)

21st sport qualified in. 

I’m thrilled we qualified here. I had a feeling the tides were turning with artistic swimming and this is an encouraging sign heading into the next quad. I hate that Ukraine was the country we bumped though. 

13 minutes ago, Josh said:

21st sport qualified in. 

Duet athletes have already been announced already with Jacqueline Simoneau and Audrey Lamothe set to represent Team Canada at Paris!

17 minutes ago, james89 said:

I’m thrilled we qualified here. I had a feeling the tides were turning with artistic swimming and this is an encouraging sign heading into the next quad. I hate that Ukraine was the country we bumped though. 

I feel like our scores are only going to improve come Paris. Artistic Swimming Canada has a new head coach, Anna Voloshyna (10x World Championship medalist) who is expected to start after Worlds. Coincidentally, in her international career she’s also competed with our assistant head coach Yelyzaveta Yakhno (8x World Championship medalist) at the 2017 World Championships, winning two bronze medals together.

Rylan Wiens advances to the men’s 10m platform at World Championships, securing a second individual Olympic quota for Canada! Although not yet named to the team individually, as the selection meet is the Canadian Olympic Diving Trials in May (?) Wiens and Zsombor-Murray are highly likely to be doing the double. 

14 hours ago, Josh said:

Rylan Wiens advances to the men’s 10m platform at World Championships, securing a second individual Olympic quota for Canada! Although not yet named to the team individually, as the selection meet is the Canadian Olympic Diving Trials in May (?) Wiens and Zsombor-Murray are highly likely to be doing the double. 

Apparently, I’m wrong.  For pre-selection to the team individually in men’s 10m, Diving Canada states that a medal or 480+ points would’ve been enough, and Wiens recorded a mark of 489.20. 

Edited by Josh

Women’s and men’s 4x100m freestyle relays qualify for Paris (never in doubt really) guaranteeing an additional six quotas! (Liendo has already reached the OQS in the men’s 100m freestyle, while Canada had also already secured one freestyle quota for the women’s 4x100m medley relay)

Edited by Josh