website statistics

Weightlifting IWF World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

38 minutes ago, Bulgaria87 said:

BTW, aren't we allowed maximum three weightlifters for the Paris 2024 Olympics? If that is so I think the ones will be Carlos Nassar, Bozhidar Andreev and maybe Hristo Hristov. Fisherov had no chances.

I am not sure if Hristov will make the heavyweights in +102. Fischerov was definitely the first option at 102 for a quota between the two of them.

Yeah, we are entitled 3, with Andreev and Nasar certain to have 2 of those. Third one right now is going to be the 61 with Dimov (or Rusev if he manages to get a result). If Hristov cuts wait to 102, maybe they could consider him.

Edited by Federer91

men's -109kg

Gold: :UZB Akbar Djuraev 415kg

Silver: :UZB Ruslan Nurudinov 407kg

Bronze: :AZE Dadash Dadashbayli 403kg

Uzbek double in this weight class, but no scores will make any impression in the Olympic super-Heavyweights (and some guys will also go down to the -102kg class most likely)

women's +87kg

Gold: :KOR Park Hye-Jeong 289kg

Silver: :USA Mary Theisen Lappen 277kg

Bronze: :ECU Lisseth Ayovi 276kg

with the unexpected choke by :CHN Li Wenwen and the absence of :GBR Emily Campbell, the door was then open for the Korean Park and she didn't take any prisoner, dominating the field with more than 20 kilos advantage over the closest follower

in the women's +81kg OQR, no change has to be recorded, except for :SAM Iuniarra Sipeia, who scored 264kg and enter the top 10 useful places by just 1 kilo (even if there are some girls in the ranking that might be out of contention because of doping violation - :KAZ Kovalchuk, personally or as a team - or might opt for the lower weight class -  :NOR Koanda - and therefore some of those currently behind the line might still get a direct quota place by the end of the OQ Period)

:GEO Lasha Talakhadze did it again!

the Georgian giant swept the gold medals in the men's +109kg competition with a Total of 473kg (220kg in snatch, 253 in C&J)

however, he appeared to have injured his right wrist in the last attempt in C&J (when he missed the 260kg lift, but he had already secured all the titles)

Silver in the Olympic Total went to :ARM Varazdat Lalayan with 460kg, meanwhile Bronze went to :BRN Gor Minasyan (actually also from :ARM) with 459kg

in the men's +102kg OQR, nothing changed in the top places, but a few new names entered the top 10 in the lower positions: :BLR (AIN) Eduard Ziaziulin is the best among the newcomers with 431kg with :IRQ Alì Rubaiawi (419kg) following

the 2 men losing their qualifying place are :KOR Jo Seong Bin and :CZE Kamil Kucera

Edited by phelps

7 minutes ago, phelps said:

the 2 men losing their qualifying place are :SYR Man Asaad (didn't participate, doping I guess :mumble:) and :CZE Kamil Kucera

no Man Asaad was in Group D and just participated in weight-in without lifting a thing

he is either injured or saving himself for the Asian Games, same as Djangabaev. 

I know Asian Games matters a lot for most of Asian countries (including us) but still it's not a good sign for a sport when people prefer an Asian Games title over a World title ! (and yes I know it's about prize moneys too)

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

no Man Asaad was in Group D and just participated in weight-in without lifting a thing

he is either injured or saving himself for the Asian Games, same as Djangabaev. 

I know Asian Games matters a lot for most of Asian countries (including us) but still it's not a good sign for a sport when people prefer an Asian Games title over a World title ! (and yes I know it's about prize moneys too)

I didn't see him in the wikipedia's list :mumble:

but maybe I just lost focus while reading, as usual :facepalm:

in this case, it's :KOR that loses a place among the top 10, I'm gonna fix it