website statistics

Women's Ice Hockey IIHF Division I Group A World Championship 2023

Totallympics

Never in my worst nightmares would have believe I will experience something like this...

this is a black day for Slovak sport

:SVK officially relegated to Division I B.

Poor Nela Lopušanová, imagine that, the girl who was not allowed to play this year yet by IIHF, will now lose 2 years before thinking about playing among the elite :( because yes, if Nela played here, we would be probably already celebrating the promotion into the top division... without Nela we are dropping to (without disrespect to other participants there) the absolute bottom...yes, this big is the impact of Lopušanová for our womens hockey, and she is barely 15 ! ...but, well, it happened, what happened, what can we do, next year "C" level. well, at least Nela will very likely explode her individual stats in this I.B. next year, prepare for some 8-10 points per match..

Women's WCh: Total (blamage) embarrassment is completed. Slovak women's hockey players were relegated to an even lower category

image.png

They wanted to advance to the Top Division, they were relegated to the 3rd tier. Slovakian women's hockey players failed completely at the World Champs

image.png

image.png

Edited by hckošice

Thursday August 24th, 2023 -

Round-Robin Day 4 Results (GMT +8)

13:00  :NOR Norway  3 - 6  Netherlands :NED

16:30  :SVK Slovakia  1 - 2  Denmark :DEN

20:00  :AUT Austria  0 - 2  China :CHN

Provisional Standing After Day 4:

1.  :CHN  12  Promoted to Women´s World Championship 2024

2. :NED  9

------------------

3. :AUT  6

4. :DEN  6

5. :NOR  3

------------------

6. :SVK  0  Relegated to Women´s Division I Group B 2024

On 8/24/2023 at 8:17 AM, hckošice said:

Never in my worst nightmares would have believe I will experience something like this...

this is a black day for Slovak sport

:SVK officially relegated to Division I B.

Poor Nela Lopušanová, imagine that, the girl who was not allowed to play this year yet by IIHF, will now lose 2 years before thinking about playing among the elite :( because yes, if Nela played here, we would be probably already celebrating the promotion into the top division... without Nela we are dropping to (without disrespect to other participants there) the absolute bottom...yes, this big is the impact of Lopušanová for our womens hockey, and she is barely 15 ! ...but, well, it happened, what happened, what can we do, next year "C" level. well, at least Nela will very likely explode her individual stats in this I.B. next year, prepare for some 8-10 points per match..

Women's WCh: Total (blamage) embarrassment is completed. Slovak women's hockey players were relegated to an even lower category

They wanted to advance to the Top Division, they were relegated to the 3rd tier. Slovakian women's hockey players failed completely at the World Champs

This also means in the ranking Slovakia will fall to 16th and so will likely have to play two rounds of Olympic qualification. Because I think the IIHF is holding spots for Russia and Belarus.

These are apparently the Round 1 groups for the men (confirmed in part here and here). The UAE, ranked 39th, is the highest seed in Round 1. The top 36 seeded teams get an automatic pass to Round 2 or higher. If you remove hosts Italy and Australia, who never enters, that works out to 36 teams above UAE, which must include Russia and Belarus.

Edited by ahjfcshfghb

Round-Robin Final Standing

Nation
P
W(OTW)
L(OTL)
GF
GA
+/-
Pt.
CHN.gif China
5(0)
0(0)
+8
DEN.gif Denmark
3(0)
2(0)
+6
AUT.gif Austria
3(0)
2(0)
+3
NED.gif Netherlands
3(0)
2(0)
+1
NOR.gif Norway
1(0)
4(0)
SVK.gif Slovakia
0(0)
5(0)

The following Nations has qualified for the Women's Ice Hockey IIHF World Championship 2024

• CHN.gif China
  • DEN.gif Denmark

The following Nations have qualified for the Women's Ice Hockey IIHF Division I Group A World Championship 2024

• AUT.gif Austria
  • NED.gif Netherlands
  • NOR.gif Norway

The following Nation has been relegated to the Women's Ice Hockey IIHF Division I Group B World Championship 2024

• SVK.gif Slovakia