website statistics

Canada at the 2023 WA World Aquatics Championships

3 hours ago, orangeman said:

Welp, Summer doesn't even medal and to add insult to injury, her WR is broken.  Did not look good at all, wonder if she'll get any golds here. Or even medals.  

Even off form she should at least win a medal in the 400IM. Maybe even gold too, although probably not anywhere near her WR. 

Just now, Josh said:

Even off form she should at least win a medal in the 400IM. Maybe even gold too, although probably not anywhere near her WR. 

+ McIntosh went sub 4:00. I know we're used to getting constant PBs/WRs/CRs from her, but 3:59.94 is still an excellent swim. Definitely underwhelming though, was expecting more.

2 hours ago, Josh said:

+ McIntosh went sub 4:00. I know we're used to getting constant PBs/WRs/CRs from her, but 3:59.94 is still an excellent swim. Definitely underwhelming though, was expecting more.

I really wonder if getting her in for both the 400m free and the relay was the issue. Having to conserve energy for the relay may have had something to do with it. 

I was a bit concerned about the relay for Paris given the 7th place but like Oleksiak being back and Ruck being more on form should bring the Canadian team back in contention. It would be even better if someone like Rebecca Smith could get back to 2021 form. 

Don't remember the split but I'm pretty sure McIntosh's leg was the weakest of all of them. That being said, don't know why she was chosen over Savard to swim in the final. When has she ever put up a good 100FR time?

7th should still be enough to qualify for Paris, but yeah we'll need Oleksiak and Smith [& Ruck] to step it up if we want to have a chance. MacNeil and MSH had some great times though.

Edited by Josh

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

Don't remember the split but I'm pretty sure McIntosh's leg was the weakest of all of them. That being said, don't know why she was chosen over Savard to swim in the final. When has she ever put up a good 100FR time?

7th should still be enough to qualify for Paris, but yeah we'll need Oleksiak and Smith [& Ruck] to step it up if we want to have a chance. MacNeil and MSH had some great times though.

Her time was 54.99 which really isn’t going to cut it for the lead off leg. MacNeil I think went a career best time but it would be great to have another sub 54 split to bring us back into medal contention. 

Decent prelims session on day 2.

Both Masse and Wilm easily qualified for the semis. Masse in particular looked the best she has all season so that's a good sign.

I believe Angus and Finlin also had PB's in their events even though they didn't qualify for the next stage.

Was hoping for Acevedo to sneak into the 100 back semis but he was well off his trials time.

Italy just upset United States 8-7 in women's water polo QFs. There goes our chance at a Pan Am Games Olympic quota, we're not gonna defeat both Netherlands and Italy here. 

Edited by Josh