website statistics

Olympic articles and contributors on Wikipedia

On 1/11/2024 at 10:16 PM, JoshMartini007 said:

Eritrea was the sacrificial lamb in this fight.

If someone is brave enough, UCI has confirmed its quotas so nothing should stop the creation of its Wikipedia page at this point.

Hi Josh. Best if this should be addressed and discussed directly to the talk page of Wikiproject Olympics. This has been the reason for Sportsfan’s intention to impose me a topic ban last June 2023.

The serial recreation and the reckless redirect are the main issues. I hope that this article has been created before Paris 2024 starts. Such a waste and shame for the Wikipedia community. Thank you!

Edited by MantaRaymarc

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Looks like :ERI has been granted a Wikipedia page

Reveal hidden contents

A Wikipedia page about what?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

"Eritrea at the 2024 Summer Olympics"

Due to some fighting between users the page was under draft for months despite many other nations being allowed to have a page.

Wow. Are Wikipedia people that petty that a simple normal page like this can apparently not stay open? :d 

Although reading back a bit in this thread, with some unexplainable shit-throwing back and forth going on....yeah, Wikipedia people seem...odd :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I personally haven’t edited Wikipedia in a while (for quite obvious reasons :p), but I’ve noticed that @Sportsfan_1234 has been reverting other users edits for no reason whatsoever. I saw a user who attempted to fill in some of the selected Team Canada diving/artistic swimming athletes for Paris (On the “Canada at the 2024 Olympics” article), but neither of those edits lasted very long. So frustrating to see, it’s almost as if he’s owns the article. 

9 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

"Eritrea at the 2024 Summer Olympics"

Due to some fighting between users the page was under draft for months despite many other nations being allowed to have a page.

Yes. This has been a debatable issue for months until someone created a page. Such an odd intention.

5 hours ago, Pasolini said:

Apparently it's harder to get a Wikipedia page than an Olympic quota?

The problem is that the admins and trusted users are so strict with sourcing and referencing. I do not understand why they need to baffle other users in editing and creating articles. Banning me from wiki was a total loss for the Wikiproject Olympic community.

7 hours ago, Josh said:

I personally haven’t edited Wikipedia in a while (for quite obvious reasons :p), but I’ve noticed that @Sportsfan_1234 has been reverting other users edits for no reason whatsoever. I saw a user who attempted to fill in some of the selected Team Canada diving/artistic swimming athletes for Paris (On the “Canada at the 2024 Olympics” article), but neither of those edits lasted very long. So frustrating to see, it’s almost as if he’s owns the article. 

Exactly. Not only he owns the article, but also he administers and runs the entire project. He removed my username Raymarcbadz from the list of people in the community. He's so tyrannical and personally BIASED.