website statistics

Fencing FIE World Cup 2019 - 2020

phelps

men's Team Epee, new standings (today's results included)...

1st, :FRA France  355  (36-40)  mathematically qualified through OQR
2nd, :ITA Italy  276  (36)  mathematically qualified
3rd, :SUI Switzerland  267  (28)  virtual OQR spot
4th, :UKR Ukraine  253  (23)  virtual OQR spot

5th, :KOR South Korea  244  (8)  virtual Asian spot
6th, :HUN Hungary  229  (24)  virtual European spot
7th, :RUS Russia  226  (21)
8th, :JPN Japan  223  (25)
8th, :CHN China  220  (8)
10th, :USA United States  188  (22)  mathematically qualified, Panamerican spot
11th, :KAZ Kazakhstan  166  (8)
12th, :DEN Denmark  153  (8)
13th, :ISR Israel  153  (8)
14th, :EGY Egypt  132  (18) virtual African spot (just need to stay in the top 16)
15th, :ESP Spain  129  (8)
16th, :EST Estonia  127  (0)
17th, :GER Germany  125  (8)
18th, :POL Poland  116  (8)

Note: in parenthesis the currently discarded score...

Edited by phelps

men's team epee standings updated after the end of the Vancouver stage...:evil:

:ITA Italy are also mathematically qualified to the Games, as they can't go lower than 5th and only KOR among the non-European teams could still make it into the top 4...

HUN and RUS will have a nice direct match-up for the European spot, but they need KOR to remain outside the top 4, otherwise they'd be both out in any case (it's highly unlikely they're going to overtake UKR and or SUI -the Swiss are already out of reach for RUS)...

7 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

So I guess only the two Sabre team are still not qualified for Italy, am I right?

yes, but for the boys it's only a matter of time...after the next event, they surely will get their place at the Olympics...

meanwhile I fear that the girls are going to blow it up...

31 minutes ago, phelps said:

men's team epee standings updated after the end of the Vancouver stage...:evil:

:ITA Italy are also mathematically qualified to the Games, as they can't go lower than 5th and only KOR among the non-European teams could still make it into the top 4...

HUN and RUS will have a nice direct match-up for the European spot, but they need KOR to remain outside the top 4, otherwise they'd be both out in any case (it's highly unlikely they're going to overtake UKR and or SUI -the Swiss are already out of reach for RUS)...

After this stage the situation became very messy with lots of possibilities and combinations. I thought CHN would grab the asian quota for granted before this, it turned KOR won the gold medal and JPN also got a good result. What I can pray right now is that KOR reach top 4 after last stage and CHN defeat JPN. The good news is the lowest points for KOR and CHN are both 8, but UKR 23 and JPN 25.

4 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

After this stage the situation became very messy with lots of possibilities and combinations. I thought CHN would grab the asian quota for granted before this, it turned KOR won the gold medal and JPN also got a good result. What I can pray right now is that KOR reach top 4 after last stage and CHN defeat JPN. The good news is the lowest points for KOR and CHN are both 8, but UKR 23 and JPN 25.

yes, that potential discard is going to prove really decisive in the end...and I fear it will cost Ukraine a place in the top 4 and indirectly it will cost Hungary a place at the Olympics...

however, tbh, I don't like those discards...I'd rather keep all the scores through the OQP...

Yeah... I am pretty sure we are fucked in men's epee, but we kinda deserve it, because we couldn't reach the Top8 at the WCh and 2 World Cup events. I think Korea will kick Ukraine out of the Top4, and that will be it for us, no matter how well we will perform at the last event. 

• 2 weeks later...

Women's Individual Foil (Kazan, RUS)

Final Results

Gold: :ITA Elisa Di Francisca

Silver: :CHN Shi Yue

Bronze: :RUS Adelina Zagidullina & :ITA Alice Volpi

Semifinals:

Shi b. Zagidullina 15-10

Di Francisca b. Volpi 15-7

Gold Medal Match:

Di Francisca b. Shi 9-8

Here is the Full Final Ranking (and Results) from Today's competition: