website statistics

Southeast Asian Games 2023

Totallympics

The organizers held a dress rehearsal for the opening ceremony 3 days ago and issued a ban of photo/video from the rehearsal.

But still a guy with the aid of a drone claimed that he managed to catch a few image inside. Apparently they installed LED lights by the seats (like London 2012) and  there is a curtain-like thingy hanging on the middle of the pitch

7 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Host :CAM winning the first medal of the Games from Jiujitsu - Men's Artistic Duo

Jessa Khan :CAM takes silver in a shocking loss though! She was her country’s only female gold medalist from the 2018 Asian Games. She looked good at the start of the bout, but she had a couple of costly mistakes towards the end.

Interestingly, she beat Jenna Kaila Napolis :PHI at the 2019 SEA Games in The Philippines. They’ve now both defeated each other as home favorites. A fun little rivalry to take note of for the future.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 hours ago, owenp_23 said:

Should also note :LAO has not even won a chess match in these games. :(

They got a gold medal in Kun Bokator :cheer:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

40 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

They got a gold medal in Kun Bokator :cheer:

My tears of sadness have become tears of joy as Kongngern Inthisarn wins the Men's Single Bare Hands Kun Bokator competition by .0134 points.:clap:

:wLAO::wLAO::wLAO::wLAO::wLAO:

kongngern.jpeg

Edited by owenp_23

A bit of political news, Hun Sen will open the ceremony instead of King Sihamoni because he insisted "in any regime parlementare, it's the prime minister who has the duty the open international sporting events".

He mentioned several example like Malaysia and Japan. What a great accuracy :lol:

29 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

A bit of political news, Hun Sen will open the ceremony instead of King Sihamoni because he insisted "in any regime parlementare, it's the prime minister who has the duty the open international sporting events".

He mentioned several example like Malaysia and Japan. What a great accuracy :lol:

Always a member of the Royal Family here in :GBR, that’s what they’re for.  Apart from shooting partridges.

Watched an hour of Ok Chaktarong enjoyed it maybe as a one timer.

Jujitsu was fun but boring especially Duo but fair judging. Show looked like drama, now I understand why it is called so. 3 nations winning gold in 3 events.

For Khun Bokator, i actually didn't like it but still watched luckily just few competitors each event so it was fun to see who win. All the performances that I liked the most rightly won gold. 2 events i was unsure due to too close competition which Cambodia grabbed. Rest all fine.