website statistics

Summer Paralympic Games Paris 2024

Josh

3 hours ago, tirtha22 said:

Today Iran cheated against India in Para archery mixed compound semifinal.

India has won by 1 point. But mysteriously one 9 pointer arrow from Iran was upgraded to 10. 

India lost the subsequent shoot off by virtue of closest arrow to the bull's eye.20240902_221206.jpg

How does that make the Iranian archers "cheats"? The officials make these decisions not the competitors.

20240902_222359.jpg

55 minutes ago, Nickyc707 said:

How does that make the Iranian archers "cheats"? The officials make these decisions not the competitors.

I didn't say archers. I said Iran cheated. The team who marked the arrow head during score verification . Even digital scoring systems graphically put it as 9.

Edited by tirtha22

9 hours ago, hoversaBR said:

:BRA wins silver in triathlon. :clap:

Second historic medal in these games (the first was in shooting).

And we have another chance today in badminton. :fingers:

Third historic medal. Now bronze in badminton. :hyper:

Now wheelchair tennis tomorrow. :fingers:

I was watching the badminton final between the french and british guy (won by the former)

I don't think I ever seen such sportmanship in defeat like Krysten Coombs showed us tonight. That was fantastic to see.

And kudos to the winner Charles Noakes obviously :yes

Edited by De_Gambassi

4 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

20240902_222359.jpg

I didn't say archers. I said Iran cheated. The team who marked the arrow head during score verification . Even digital scoring systems graphically put it as 9.

You seem to be very confused. The scores are determined by the independent officials not the competitors or those associated with them. You've accused the Iranians of cheating but haven't explained exactly how they did this. The officials may have got it wrong but that's not the fault of the Iranians.

7 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

I was watching the badminton final between the french and british guy (won by the former)

I don't think I ever seen such sportmanship in defeat like Krysten Coombs showed us tonight. That was fantastic to see.

And kudos to the winner Charles Noakes obviously :yes

Ironically they were born within 60 miles of each other as Noakes is from south-east England like Coombs.