website statistics

Summer Paralympic Games Paris 2024

Josh

I didn't have time to watch the morning session of athletics (becuase I was sleeping :p), but those were some entertaining races. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

17 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

What drama? Kindly share

So the :GBR Fighter was winning 8-2 vs :UZB in the final when she mistimed a kick and accidentally kicked her opponent in the face, which means she would be disqualified if the :UZB fighter could not continue and the kick was deemed to be intentional. Clearly watching the replays it was not intentional as the kick hit the shoulder and then slipped up onto the head, and that's what the judges agreed. The controversy was that the :UZB fighter chose not to compete in the hope the :GBR fighter would be DQed, even though she was deemed fit to compete by the neutral medical doctor.

Edited by TeamGB

In women's para badminton, there is a Nigerian player called Bolaji in SL4 category. But she is playing in SL3 category and winning matches one after the other with huge margins. 

I think this is unfair.

11 hours ago, TeamGB said:

Also just noticed no :CHN in the C1-5 team Sprint : 

2x Defending world champs. Mistake?

https://www.paralympic.org/en/paris-2024-paralympics/results/para-cycling-track/open-c1-5-750m-team-sprint/qual000100--

Still not showing up as taking part. Would be a major shock if they were not not involved.