website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Opening Ceremony Flag Bearers

On 3/6/2024 at 1:39 AM, Makedonas said:

Is it still going to be two flag bearers or back to one?

We always pick people with Olympic history (though of course there are always rumours that someone more famous like Tsitsipas or Antetokounmpo will do it, which anyone who knows anything knows won't happen as long as there are Olympic medalists around).

Of active gold medalists, for women we have Anna Korakaki and Katerina Stefanidi, for men we have Eleftherios Petrounias, Miltiadis Tentoglou, and Stefanos Ntouskos. Korakaki and Petrounias already did it. It will probably be Stefanidi and Tentoglou. I can't see Ntouskos doing it as the rowing competition starts early, and even still, Tentoglou is much more successful than him.

It is expected that we will announce in the next hours Giannis Antetokounmpo and Maria Sakkari :yikes:

Apparently, Tentoglou and Stefanidi declined as their events don't start until much later, and Ntouskos is competing at 10:00 AM on Day 1, and Petrounias and Korakaki already did it in Tokyo, so we decided to go for the famous athletes. Well, I think it will be hard for other countries to match our star power! :p

1 hour ago, Makedonas said:

It is expected that we will announce in the next hours Giannis Antetokounmpo and Maria Sakkari :yikes:

Apparently, Tentoglou and Stefanidi declined as their events don't start until much later, and Ntouskos is competing at 10:00 AM on Day 1, and Petrounias and Korakaki already did it in Tokyo, so we decided to go for the famous athletes. Well, I think it will be hard for other countries to match our star power! :p

What sport is Maria Sakkari? 

1 hour ago, MantaRaymarc said:

What sport is Maria Sakkari? 

She is a tennis player, she has been ranked in the top 10 for almost 3 years now :)

She has around 600.000 followers on Instagram also, and was in a Netflix show, she is quite popular and also is dating our Prime Minister's son for several years!

Let's start guessing who are the flag bearers for USA.    I feel like LeBron will get it since he will likely retire before L.A , and maybe Biles after her issues in Tokyo (or perhaps Nikki Hiltz since we know USA need to DEI everything)

4 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Honestly, especially if the Olympics were in the same continent I live and train in, I highly doubt I'd skip the chance to be the flag bearer if asked, damn :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, stepansevs said:

I had similar question. What sport is Giannis Antetokounmpo? :d

But it will be probably basketball player. I am not nterested in basketball so much.

Haha, It would be probably the same here for me before, but I have heard that name here before so I knew he is kinda NBA star or so. But probably the only basketball player I know playing at this Olympics :d

Edited by hckošice