website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Yazdani's defeat was really sad but expeceted. he is a 9 time World and Silver medalist but he just can't beat this Taylor guy

but Zare saved the day by his dominating gold medal. at least we are guaranteed to not leave this competition withtout a gold medal. :yes

now time for 5th place matches

Do you think Taylor's successful challenge is correct? The Iranian coach and spectators seemed unsatisfied with the result and I don't have enough wrestling knowledge to make a judgement.

47 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Do you think Taylor's successful challenge is correct? The Iranian coach and spectators seemed unsatisfied with the result and I don't have enough wrestling knowledge to make a judgement.

tough question :d our TV commentator went crazy with that call and some people still think Yazdani got robbed of a gold medal with that call but if you ask me, those kind of situations are tricky, that was a 50/50 call, I wish they would called in our favor but I understand why they didn't. I would probably do the same if I was the judge.

so in short, to me that was correct but 4pts for Yazdani was also correct too. they have to make rules more clear for situations like this.

btw just to tell you guys how important Yazdani is here. when our 125kg guy Zare won the gold in a dominant fashion and left the mat, the first question Iranian journalists asked him in the mixed zone was "what do you think about that call in Yazdani's match?" :lol: imagine winning a world title and the first thinh you are asked about is someone else's match! :facepalm:

Edited by MHSN

wow, just wow

Goleij was 15 seconds away from beating the best wrestler of all time. f..ing 15 seconds and then that happened , the Russian Tank did what he always does. he has only 1 or 2 defeats in his entire career and after so many years he was an inch away from a defeat.

now with Snyder out of the picture I hope Goleij can take the bronze and the quota at least. 

Amouzad also gave us a scare, a heart attack even. was leading 7-0 comfortably and then bang, he almost got pinned, hopefully he learns from this and dominate the "new" Musukaev like what he did last year. he is our last chance for another gold

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Pejman Dorostkar, 4th place World 1998

(the 2nd coach is a Russian, and yes we have a Russian coach this time !!!)

He looked familiar to me. :)

I remember him from Sydney games. 

Russian? Didnt happen too often, to say the least. :mumble:In freestyle Iran always had great coaches. Strange indeed.