website statistics

Skateboarding WS Park World Championships 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Open Qualifier took place today for women, with 28 girls advancing to quaterfinals.

I got surprise when I didn't see neither Misugu Okamoto :JPN, Brighton Zeuner :USA and Lizzie Armanto :FIN on the start list. This discipline stayed in a "Stand-by" situation since Tokyo. The first event should have happened in Brazil, last year. For some problems between World Skate and Brazilian Federation, both events were postponed.

So, because of it, I don't have info about their absence. I think that Armanto retired, she is 30, so that's my guess. Brighton will compete in a Red Bull event in Miami during the championship. Why? No idea. Misugu is the only that I really don't have any idea why she is not participating.

Coming back to the girls on the event, it's clear the dominance of :BRA:USA:AUS and :JPN. Brazil qualified 5 girls, Australia 2, USA 9 and Japan 4, it means twenty athletes from only 4 countries. :AUS and :JPN also have one and two girls who received bye for this phase, improving the number to 23 among 32.

Also, because of this gap of competitions, there are a plenty of new names, among all countries. Highlights to :GBR:GER:FRA:CAN:KOR and especially :ESP which took a incredible third position with Naia Laso

I am very disappointed about Brazilian performance on women's side. I was expecting an evolution from our girls, but looks we will have to wait a little bit more. This was the only event that we didn't win a medal in Tokyo.

Also, Australia could have achieved more from this tournament.

As for the men's side, I just missed :USA Zion Wright, an Olympic skateboarder, and Luiz Francisco :BRA who went undersurgery and couldnt compete.

The rest of the best were there. Clearly, USA, Brazil and Australia are dominating this event and discipline. :JPN, for some reason, doesn't have good athletes on the men's competition.

I'd like to highlight the improvement from some athletes out of these big three. Glifberg :DEN is still in contender, I wouldnt bet in him to keep fighting for an Olympic spot. :NOR has also improved his participation with Nilsen.

:ITA has a good team too. :FRA and :PUR have their representant as well.

Women's Park Final

1  :GBR Brown          90.83

:JPN Hiraki           86.66

:JPN Yosozumi    85.15

:JPN Kusaki         84.50

:USA Wettstein    84.40

:GBR Tamblyn      81.53

:USA Stess          80.33

:USA Marhoefer  80.18

The same podium as in Tokyo but in reverse order.