website statistics

Breaking at the European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

Double delight for the Dutch, as B-Boy Menmo :NED qualifies for the Olympics (I believe). B-Boy Dany :FRA qualifies as well. 

Do they really reallocate like that? 

The rules say that the unused host quota gets reallocated at the Olympic qualifier series IF France qualifies two athletes directly in that gender. Which should mean that this European Games quota should be the second male quota for France. 

I can't find anywhere in the rules that the next highest ranked athlete wins the continental quota if the hosting nation (France) wins the continental event. It only says that the quota gets reallocated to the next highest ranked athlete IF the highest ranked NOC/athlete already won a quota at the World Champs. But WCh hasn't happened yet so that doesn't apply to the European Games. 

6 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I can't find anywhere in the rules that the next highest ranked athlete wins the continental quota if the hosting nation (France) wins the continental event. It only says that the quota gets reallocated to the next highest ranked athlete IF the highest ranked NOC/athlete already won a quota at the World Champs. But WCh hasn't happened yet so that doesn't apply to the European Games. 

Yes, I made a mistake. The quota will get reallocated to the next highest ranked unqualified athlete from the OQS.

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

Yes, I made a mistake. The quota will get reallocated to the next highest ranked unqualified athlete from the OQS.

I think only if France wins another quota at the qualification series via another athlete. So France already maxed out on male quotas (2 athletes per NOC is allowed in breaking). For some reason they created the qualification in a way that makes it easy for France to max out on breaking quotas. The host quotas only get reallocated if France maxes out by other means.