website statistics

Women's Volleyball FIVB Nations League 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

18 hours ago, CCB said:

Well, losing 3-2 against Italy actually is a good result, it means only -0.01 on the WRL.

Losing in four sets would mean -3.00, so the hard work (a sort of) paid off after all.

Very surprising win of The Netherlands against Japan. Tomorrow an important game for Canada and The Netherlands. Let's hope for a nice battle!

We lost to Italy's B team, and after beating Brazil's A team (I think) I had higher hopes for them. 

@CCB have a question about the FIVB Rankings. Maybe you can help answer it for me. Does point differential count towards match World Ranking points, or is it only world ranking/world ranking points before match/set ratio?

Edited by Josh

30 minutes ago, Josh said:

Canada win in 5 against the Netherlands, taking the fifth set 15-9. Let's GOOOOO

Well, congrats! Netherlands didn't deserve this win, they did not play constant today. And they missed a good opposite, our best (Elles Dambrink) sits at home (nobody knows why, she really could have helped the team today). So a deserved win for Canada, nice to see they improved so much the last years. With the points of this match, they are full in the race for the Olympics. About that: all the surprising wins of Dominican Republic today do not help Netherlands and Canada at all.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

@CCB have a question about the FIVB Rankings. Maybe you can help answer it for me. Does point differential count towards match World Ranking points, or is it only world ranking/world ranking points before match/set ratio?

Point differential count towards World Ranking points. There is a very complicated formula to determine how many points a winner gets. Kind of tournament, place on the ranking, differences in places, difference in points, and 3-0, 3-1 or 3-2 all matter. This VNL counts more heavily than the OQT and Continentals.