website statistics

Women's Tennis WTA Tour 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 4/23/2023 at 2:08 PM, Monzanator said:

Madrid 1000 MD is out. No luck for Raducanu if Świątek doesn't WD from here like she did last year :coffee:

I honestly don't think it makes a difference. Due to her ranking she has to face a seeded player in the second round, and based on her level she would not be expected to win against most seeded players.

It would be positive for her if she is able to even get past the first round, something she rarely does as it is...

Defending champion Ons Jabeur has WD from Madrid with that calf injury suffered in Stuttgart.

Some good news for :CAN fans as Eugenie Bouchard has qualified to Main Draw. Watch her get drawn vs Raducanu or Anisimova to raise the glamour value of R1 match ;)

13 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Watch her get drawn vs Raducanu or Anisimova to raise the glamour value of R1 match ;)

Even better, she got drawn vs Yastremska. We all know what happened the last time Bouchard played in Madrid against someone who had a doping ban...

I was a Sharapova fan so I'll pass on talking about that match ;)

Anyway, Emma Raducanu has WD with a wrist injury after MD started so it's clear she only came here to collect sponsor appearances or whatever. She will be out of Top 100 after Madrid and Jodie Burrage (who basically mostly plays ITF events) is the new :GBR number 1 :p

Raducanu was trying to flip off journalists yesterday but she ought to have said she ain't playing which she tried to conceal for no valid reason. I expect Daily Mail & co. to bring out more heat soon. Good luck in trying to put on a diva hat vs the media...

ezgif-5-7aa35614da-jpg.262822