website statistics

Diving at the Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

2 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Canada had superior execution, but Mexico had higher difficulty.  It was close in the end, but congrats to :wMEX::wCAN::wUSA:

Exactly. Had the judges penalize Mexico as they should in round three and five, then medals could have end very different. That last dive from Mexico was terrible, it was like they just threw it all to the wind, and pray jduges just give them the gold.

50 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Too lenient execution judging, especially for the "minor" teams.

Yes. I don't get how the scoring system works. I know the judges are free to score the dives, but some attempts were absolutely terrible and still got 7 and 8 marks. How is this possible? I've tried to enjoy diving all my life, but the Pan Ams always show how insane this sport is in terms of scoring. I'll stick with gymnastics. 

1 minute ago, orangeman said:

Hilarious, they play "Shake it off" after Hixon's dive after he missed the one the round before.  :d

Well, it's the form of the sound control guy to show his support.

Meanwhile after Morales & Capobianco meltdown in round 3, there are great chances for Gagné and Knight Wisdom to end with the Olympic quota :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Well, it's the form of the sound control guy to show his support.

Meanwhile after Morales & Capobianco meltdown in round 3, there are great chances for Gagné and Knight Wisdom to end with the Olympic quota :thumbup:

As I said last night, they should play Canadian songs after the Canadians as they are with the Americans (heard "Born in the USA" earlier, for example).  The only Canadian song they played was Informer by Snow, but it was after the Dominican guy.  They did play Call Me Maybe at the baseball field, though.  :d

Cheering for Knight-Wisdom, and Gagne of course.  

2 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Glad Gagne is still in 1st, but he's going to have to do much better to stay there.  Still anyone in the top 7's gold.  

I was checking the dive list... that 3.1 in this round won't favour him much, with Knight-Wisdom, Celaya and Restrepo on the hunt.