website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

4 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

and can someone also explain why Russia was banned for two years for state sponsored doping yet their whole team who qualified is allowed to compete here in Tokyo ? They didn't have any extra doping controls or vetting process they had to go through. They are dominating certain sports, do you believe it's actual talent or results from doping

That whole situation is a joke.  They cheated at the highest level across the board and their punishment is....they can't use their flag and have to slightly change their name.  If it was Uganda or Mongolia they'd be banned.  

Idk if any of their athletes are doping here, but history and the complete lack of consequences suggest that it's likely.  Of course Italy just had a sprinter who barely ever got under 10 seconds win the gold medal suddenly, so I'm not saying only one country has suspicious results.  

16 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Canada is now entirely out of women's wrestling. The wrestler who beat Lappage got demolished in the following round.

That Mongolian wrestler was something else. There was no chance Lappage would have beaten her in a repechage either but the hope would have been alive. 

6 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Another Canadian "medal threat" finishes last....in qualifying.  

I mean I was uncertain that the team pursuit would be contending for a medal - but that ride was a mess. Hope they can hold it together tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, james89 said:

I mean I was uncertain that the team pursuit would be contending for a medal - but that ride was a mess. Hope they can hold it together tomorrow. 

I had my doubts after Italy and Germany, but Aus left the door open for a top 4.  They were doing great till the last 2 laps.  

Oh well.  On to soccer.

13 minutes ago, orangeman said:

I had my doubts after Italy and Germany, but Aus left the door open for a top 4.  They were doing great till the last 2 laps.  

Oh well.  On to soccer.

They can still contend for the bronze medal if they have a solid ride tomorrow - I have a feeling we will see at least one of the bottom 4 teams in that round.

EDIT: I just learned the rules are different for women and men re: this.

50 minutes ago, james89 said:

They can still contend for the bronze medal if they have a solid ride tomorrow - I have a feeling we will see at least one of the bottom 4 teams in that round.

EDIT: I just learned the rules are different for women and men re: this.

So Canada still has a shot at a medal?