website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Today was super :SUI centric, I hated it. Also, they misspelled Colombia :p

When I was thinking, what could be the question today, I was sure about nationality of Diego :P Blind shoots with Davos & Engelberg as well as Swiss ice hockey. Mistakes on Olympic Capital (but the next questions said my way of thinking was somewhat right - HQ in 1915 because of WWI, but I thought they called it officially just after the war in 1922) and Vreni Schneider (I thought about Cologna as I was sure of his four gold and something more - that something more made me sure Ammann is wrong answer - and I was totally unsure of anything about Schneider).

3 hours ago, hckosice said:

Try it by clicking on this link HERE ?

That's exactly the page I went to and it didn't work in any browser (I got this same message in all three browsers on that entire Lausanne results page, no matter where I went). 

The sorcery is apparently gone, it now works fine again :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I hope so too. 

I'm also happy that now every one of the six continents has a medal at the Winter Youth Olympics. I didn't think this would happen anytime soon, to be honest, but here it is! 

I sort of expected it, mostly because Colombia is really developing the speed skating well in Salt Lake City and Amaya has been breaking his records left and right to very respectable times :d Really happy it worked out, I hope he can keep improving and - for starters - get close to let's say the top-20 of the world in one or two of the main distances, which I am convinced he can.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

25 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That's exactly the page I went to and it didn't work in any browser (I got this same message in all three browsers on that entire Lausanne results page, no matter where I went). 

The sorcery is apparently gone, it now works fine again :d 

Glad to hear your problem was fixed.

Team :SVK

Day 8 Schedule

Spoiler

08:30 Luge : W Singles, Run 1 

Bianka Petríková

Nikola Trembošová

09:40 Luge : W Singles, Run 2 

Bianka Petríková

Nikola Trembošová

11:00 Luge : M Doubles, Run 1 

Vratislav Varga / Metód Majerčák

11:50 Luge : M Doubles, Run 2 

Vratislav Varga / Metód Majerčák

17:00 Ice Hockey : W Tournament, Preliminary Round, Group A

:SWE SWEDEN vs SLOVAKIA :SVK

Some background on the Haitian skier: https://games24.totallympics.com/?p=1618

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Review of Medal Events on Day 7

Curling: https://games24.totallympics.com/?p=1623
Speed Skating: https://games24.totallympics.com/?p=1620

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Review of Medal Events on Day 7

Curling: https://games24.totallympics.com/?p=1623
Speed Skating: https://games24.totallympics.com/?p=1620

Another small bit of feedback: 

Arito’s points tally of 30 earned him the gold medal ahead of Diego Amaya Martinez (COL) with Russia’s Pavel Taran taking bronze.

It didn't :p Winning the final sprint earned him the gold medal. The points in mass start have quite literally no meaning at least in terms of the podium positions. It's about the positions in which they cross the finish line - one can win every single intermediate sprint, it's not enough to beat someone who wins the final sprint.

I don't think I've ever seen any media report even mention the number of points of the winner and podium finishers, because it just really doesn't matter :d 

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Another small bit of feedback: 

It didn't :p Winning the final sprint earned him the gold medal. The points in mass start have quite literally no meaning at least in terms of the podium positions. It's about the positions in which they cross the finish line - one can win every single intermediate sprint, it's not enough to beat someone who wins the final sprint.

I don't think I've ever seen any media report even mention the number of points of the winner and podium finishers, because it just really doesn't matter :d 

Didn’t write it :p. The articles are provided by the OIS (Olympic Information Service). For the record, I wouldn’t have written something like that. Thank you for the feedback though. I love knowing that my work isn’t for nothing.