website statistics

Men's Water Polo LEN European Championship 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, phelps said:

size doesn't matter (in this case...:whistle:), Italy doesn't have any infuence in any sport because our officials normally sell our Country's interests for their own personal's (the worst of them all in that discipline...Franco Carraro and Bruno Grandi :hairpull:)...

it's almost always been that way, unfortunately...most of them are just a bunch of greedy idiots...

p.s. it might well be that mafia is an Italian word and that some kind of practice started in a certain part of our Country, but as it often happens, the pupils have overtaken the master by quite some time (and big time, I'd say)...;)

Your statements are bit racist I would say. Not only a bit actually. 

I was never referring to mafia nor something similar. 

actually you playing „dirty“ waterpolo seems part of your tactics, which is ok, but don’t complain if you are punished for that. 

and yes it is always the others who start. Italy would never ever do such a thing. 

14 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Your statements are bit racist I would say. Not only a bit actually. 

I was never referring to mafia nor something similar. 

actually you playing „dirty“ waterpolo seems part of your tactics, which is ok, but don’t complain if you are punished for that. 

and yes it is always the others who start. Italy would never ever do such a thing. 

tbh, I didn't quote your post when talking of mafia...

I never intended to be racist, we all know that there is a problem (and here it's a really serious thing, as it influences all of our daily life and not only just a simple sport event)...and hiding it under the carpet is useless and senseless...

p.s. if there are 2 teams that never ever played "dirty" waterpolo in their whole history, those are Italy and Spain, who normally have players half the size of the Eastern European/Balkan teams and like to swim around rather than having a butchery at the 4m line...

p.p.s. as I wrote, it might happen that some of our players do something they shouldn't do, but surely it's not the case of this championships and especially yesterday night, when the game was decided by a whistle that can't be only a simple mistake by the same ref who already had a very big problem with Italy a few days ago...that's unacceptable...

once again, he should have never been designated to ref yesterday's match...

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

I never intended to be racist, we all know that there is a problem (and here it's a really serious thing, as it influences all of our daily life and not only just a simple sport event)...and hiding it under the carpet is useless and senseless...

p.s. if there are 2 teams that never ever played "dirty" waterpolo in their whole history, those are Italy and Spain, who normally have players half the size of the Eastern European/Balkan teams and like to swim around rather than having a butchery at the 4m line...

p.p.s. as I wrote, it might happen that some of our players do something they shouldn't do, but surely it's not the case of this championships and especially yesterday night, when the game was decided by a whistle that can't be only a simple mistake by the same ref who already had a very big problem with Italy a few days ago...that's unacceptable...

Does not matter whom you quote. Your reference to Balkan mafia is not acceptable. It is a way to express what you think of people coming from that area (including me). It is a prejudice and follows stereotypes. 

12 minutes ago, phelps said:

So you ste maybe gypsi,did i direct judge you?

26 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

As it was the reference made by your compatriot (expected that from some other user here at max. tbh) to which you reacted with a "like"... 

Kind of sad how at this day and age a joke needs a disclaimer, apparently on top of an emoji, otherwise the -ism bombs explode immediately.

While we are at it, what's up with the laughing downvotes on the Totallympics? Some are becoming quite proficient at it. ;)

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Kind of sad how at this day and age a joke needs a disclaimer, apparently on top of an emoji, otherwise the -ism bombs explode immediately.

While we are at it, what's up with the laughing downvotes on the Totallympics? ;)

Anyone can joke as much as they want - just don't play the poor victim of racial prejudice and stereotyping one minute after agreeing with the use of a (or the ) stereotype - joke or not.

By laughing downvotes what do you mean, reactions by me? The laughing one, as I see it, is like haha - either in a positive funny way or a ridiculous way- there is only a few of them and I don't think the others are more apt.

55 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

As it was the reference made by your compatriot (expected that from some other user here at max. tbh) to which you reacted with a "like"... 

Yes I did like it, but his comment was clearly sarcastic (underlined with an emoji at the end). 

and he did not bring the mafia topic up first. It was Phelps, with bad intention or not, I don’t know. 
I still think that Phelps reference  was not appropriate. We can disagree on ref decisions and who was deserving a win or not, but it should remain within acceptable borders. 

On 9/9/2022 at 4:53 PM, prso1000 said:

Does not matter whom you quote. Your reference to Balkan mafia is not acceptable. It is a way to express what you think of people coming from that area (including me). It is a prejudice and follows stereotypes. 

I'm sorry you took that so personally.

Let's be honest, there are no stereotypes...Balkan mafia exists as much as Italian or Russian or Chinese or Japanese's (add the culture you want...you'll find some similar behaviour).

That doesn't mean that I think that all people from that area are part of that, as I don't think that all the Southern Italians are mafia men nor the Chinese, Japanese or whoever you may like.

My criticism/flame/kind of heavy dislike is only related to the FINA tech commission and the bunch of refs that are their fire arms. Point. And still stands, because the question exists and is it's still a long way before it would eventually be fixed.

No way I wanted to offend nor express bad consideration of normal people who live their lives with pride and honesty.

I'm the last man on earth who live and think according to any stereotype.

I thought it was well clear after years of writing on this forum and I thought I would never need I explicitly had to clarify that.

Now I hope that this argument is over and I let you talk of waterpolo in peace.

Medal Table:

Gold :CRO

Silver :HUN

Bronze :ESP

4th place :ITA

Bad tournament for the Spanish team after the gold medal last month at the World Championship. The situation is reversed with the women's side and Hungary has the edge over Spain.