website statistics

Ice Hockey 2022 - 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

busy week in the European Hockey...

after the first CHL stint, now it's time for the beginning of almost all the main European domestic leagues...

Finnish Liiga is underway since Tuesday, yesterday the Swiss NLA started.

Tonight it was time for the Czech Extraliga and the German DEL to open their campaign, meanwhile tomorrow it's time for the Slovak Extraliga and the Austrian ICE League (with 3 Italian teams).

Saturday the Swedish SHL will begin, too.

All this, waiting for the NHL to start their show.

I'm ready for the full immersion...:popcorn:

p.s. @hckošice I saw that the AMC channels replaced the KHL (gone for obvious reasons) with the Swiss NLA :yikes: :cheer:

I'm almost in tears (of joy, of course)...:lol: ;)

Edited by phelps

12 hours ago, hckošice said:

Yep tomorrow finally start the new :SVK season :cheer:

HC Košice for the Title :cheer:

... but it would be a miracle though... :p

I will be entirely satisfied with the semifinals at least, again

I saw that Sunday afternoon the big match between Kosice and Slovan is live on RTVS :Sport :d

will you attend in person or just watch it on tv?

Looks the hell must have frozen over :yikes:

NHL apparently refuse to field gimmick teams to the World Cup :p No more Team Europe or Team North-America (which as you know was a team of U23 North American players).

It looks the 2024 World Cup will consist of 10 National teams and with a pre-qualifying round before the main world cup round, with 8 nations making the WC. Slovakia will be apparently invited for the pre-quali round :cheer:  NHL will have a break during the whole tournament, the matches should be played in February 2024 in both N. America and Europe with medal games in Montreal

12 minutes ago, phelps said:

I saw that Sunday afternoon the big match between Kosice and Slovan is live on RTVS :Sport :d

will you attend in person or just watch it on tv?

The match will be played in Bratislava so no :d

HC Košice (The Steel Arena owner, asked 2 000 000 EUR for the rent of the arena to the club, justifying it by the high electricity prices, the club obviously temporarily canceled the contract and moved to the small Handball arena for training) asked for special exemption and all rivals agreed, so Košice will play cca the first month all matches away and will hope by this time the situation with the rent will be corrected

Edited by hckošice

3 minutes ago, hckošice said:

The match will be played in Bratislava so no :d

HC Košice (The Steel Arena owner, asked 2 000 000 EUR for the rent of the arena to the club, justifying it by the high electricity prices, the club obviously temporarily canceled the contract and moved to the small Handball arena for training) asked for special exemption and all rivals agreed, so Košice will play cca the first month all matches away and will hope by this time the situation with the rent will be corrected

that's a bad situation...

I didn't know...

wow!

I hope it could be fixed as soon as possible...

13 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Looks the hell must have frozen over :yikes:

NHL apparently refuse to field gimmick teams to the World Cup :p No more Team Europe or Team North-America (which as you know was a team of U23 North American players).

It looks the 2024 World Cup will consist of 10 National teams and with a pre-qualifying round before the main world cup round, with 8 nations making the WC. Slovakia will be apparently invited for the pre-quali round :cheer:  NHL will have a break during the whole tournament, the matches should be played in February 2024 in both N. America and Europe with medal games in Montreal

it looks they want to make it a new World Baseball Classic, then (I mean, with teams based mainly on marketing interest of the NHL)...

this might lead to make Italy a powerhouse, having a team filled with all the NHL players with Italian heritage (who normally can't play with us because they've never been in our Country)...:yikes: :facepalm:

The :CZE Extraliga match between Karlovy Vary and Olomouc had to be postponed to another date after the Zamboni made a hole in the ice :lol: