website statistics

Volleyball/Sitting Volleyball

4 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Totallympics Qualification Tracker currently has us at 284 athletes (it says 287 but the diving total should be 8 instead of 5).

Athletics - I would expect another 6 at the very least

Beach Volleyball - 1 or 2 more pairs for 2-4 more athletes

Golf - +4 athletes

Judo - Only ranking quotas have been entered so another continental quota here and a team quota would be +2

Skateboarding - Hopefully 4 quotas here

Tennis - Roughly 4 or 5 athletes

Maybe a couple of reallocations too.

So that would take us into the 300-310 athlete range.

4-5 in tennis?

And only 6 in athletics?

Skateboarding quotas are pretty much safe given the rankings. 

18 minutes ago, Josh said:

4-5 in tennis?

And only 6 in athletics?

Skateboarding quotas are pretty much safe given the rankings. 

Athletics: I went with the worst case scenario. Should hopefully be more than that.

Tennis: It's FAA, Fernandez, Andreescu, Dabrowski, and then maybe someone else for doubles I believe. Am I missing something?

53 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Athletics: I went with the worst case scenario. Should hopefully be more than that.

Tennis: It's FAA, Fernandez, Andreescu, Dabrowski, and then maybe someone else for doubles I believe. Am I missing something?

Who else for doubles? Also, those numbers are a bit skewed, given they have us sending 8 athletes in diving (5 were named to the team)

I’m sure there’s other examples. The overview that I did on Team Canada club is much more accurate. 

Canada defeat Japan in 5 in match 8 of Men’s VNL, to improve to 5-4! :yes

Keeps our hopes alive for a VNL Finals appearance. 

Edit: Also back to #9 in the World Rankings, but more importantly the 3rd pot for the Olympic draw!

Edited by Josh

Canada defeat Germany in straight sets in match 9 of Men’s VNL, to improve to 6-4! :cheer:

Germany was playing without Grozer and Krick, so this was to be expected. Slight blip 18-10 up (Germany clawed back to 21-19), but in the end we got it done. 

Back to #9 in the World Rankings!

Edited by Josh

Canada defeat Netherlands in 5 to cap off their VNL preliminary campaign.

With our 8-4 record, Canada will be the #5 seed for the VNL Quarterfinals, and will take on the winner of Japan-France (match starts in around 1 1/2 hours or so)

Edit: Just realized that both teams have only played 10 matches ignore that :facepalm:

Not our best match, but we got the win :dunno:

Edited by Josh