website statistics

Tennis 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak

Magdalena Rybáriková has a serious problems with her right wrist, most likely she will need a surgery, she will miss the fedcup match against Canada and what is very weird, also a chance to qualify and finally play her first olympics :( she missed both previous games because of injury right before Beijing and London, definitely the olympics are cursed for her

well, this was a pretty painfull watching and very bad performance from Domi. This win was only thanks to the umpire and her help with this ball in the last game. kudos to Witthoeft, It´s first time that I´ve seen her playing, she was like a wall, returning every thing. very solid perf of her

Edited by hckosice

25 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Lorenzi lose vs the #200 of the ranking :facepalm:

Tommy Paul is still low ranked, but truth to be talked, he is very talented and I expected him to put up a good fight and even win. Certainly, I did not expect such scoreline, which suggests comfortable win for Paul (born in 1997). Tommy Paul is current Roland Garros junior champion.

So, in this case, ranking means nothing. ;)

This is also first ATP main draw win for Paul.

And what is also exciting for me - he is playing Hyeon Chung in second round! I hope this one will be streamed, I have to watch it. Early prediction - Paul to win that one too. Chung is not good claycourter at the moment.

Edited by Wanderer

Do you think this one deserves disqualification? :wall: 

In my opinion this didn't look intentionally at all. It is correct that players must calm down, but this looks like an overreaction from Junaid or Skupski, whoever that was...

Yes, Kowalczyk and Majchrowicz were disqualified because of the headshot.

Edited by Wanderer