website statistics

Biathlon IBU Cup 2018 - 2019

Totallympics

23 hours ago, wumo26 said:

Good result for :BEL Tom Lahaye-Goffart in the individual in Obertilliach. :thumbup: His first 20/20 in his career. :yes  I wonder how many Belgian biathletes before him have shot a perfect 20/20 in the IBU Cup or World Cup? 

For sure Michael Rösch in his epic pursuit in Pokljuka (6th place) where his beard was full of slime and his face was full of tears of joy afterwards (and tears of sadness, because his former coach passed away a few days before and after many years* he finally got a real result again, it was so incredibly awesome to see a nice guy like Rösch be so happy, I watched that interview almost with tears).

* it was his first individual top-10 in the World Cup in 8 (!) years

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

This interview:

He's saying stuff like "I know it's just a little 6th place, but for me it means so much" and after that "I know many wouldn't care so much about a 6th place, but it really means the world to me after all these years." 

"In the last lap I was thinking about my coach Klaus Siebert, who passed away. I always told him 'some day, somewhere I'm going to have one more great race again', today I had a perfect one. In the last lap I was already crying, this is for you Klaus, and for Bernd ('who made my ... (rifle maybe?)'), they both died.  I have so much to thank my family and friends for, and the Belgian and Swiss* teams, who always supported me without any doubt."

Two years later and I still almost can't watch this with dry eyes :d Rösch :woohoo: 

*he trains a ton with beard bro Weger 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Chasing Poliakova in the supersprint tomorrow :evil: @hckosice 

tNrNF67.png

Spoiler

In reality I'm hoping for a great result from both of them, Poliakova had a horrorshow at the individual so she deserves something awesome

Supersprint?

I'll be damned...

http://www.biathlonworld.com/about-biathlon/disciplines/super-sprint-this-is-really-fast

No such race in World Cup though. Would like to see it, peaked my interest.

Edited by Kirkpatrick

"I'm gonna focus on shooting and skiing fast more than on shooting accurate"

2nGh49D.png

BOOM, best shooting result in over a year :woohoo: 

1 hour ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Supersprint?

I'll be damned...

http://www.biathlonworld.com/about-biathlon/disciplines/super-sprint-this-is-really-fast

No such race in World Cup though. Would like to see it, peaked my interest.

It does sound a lot more interesting than mass start 60 or something.

Ok, this is problematic....Bruna didn't participate in any individual/sprint so far this season, because she's only gonna do that in the 2nd trimester where there are way more chances to get under 250 IBU points and qualify for the 3rd trimester. Competing in the relays and SuperSprint was no problem, because they wouldn't give IBU qualifying points.....and now apparently the SuperSprint qualifying does, and if she didn't get under 250 just now, her biathlon season might suddenly be over because someone said "no, SuperSprint qualifying gives no points" when in fact it does..

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ok, this is problematic....Bruna didn't participate in any individual/sprint so far this season, because she's only gonna do that in the 2nd trimester where there are way more chances to get under 250 IBU points and qualify for the 3rd trimester. Competing in the relays and SuperSprint was no problem, because they wouldn't give IBU qualifying points.....and now apparently the SuperSprint qualifying does, and if she didn't get under 250 just now, her biathlon season might suddenly be over because someone said "no, SuperSprint qualifying gives no points" when in fact it does..

That´s really weird :wacko:

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

That´s really weird :wacko:

Yep...I specifically remember how during August/September this was all planned out. They'd only compete non-points races in trimester 1, specifically to focus 100% on points races (individuals + sprints) in trimester 2 so they could qualify for trimester 3 (because in trimester 1 there were less chances with Idre being too expensive for them to go to). Now I'm freaking out and F5'ing biathlonresults like a madman waiting for the points PDF. I'm 99,99% sure Gabi didn't make the 250 points cut so her season might be over in terms of biathlon (which is definitely her main thing)...as for Bruna's chances I'm at 50/50 with her result..

232,67, FUCK YEAH

Gabi is well on the 300's though...this would be really sad if it means her biathlon season is now over :cry:

Last year the SuperSprint Q (Khanty-Mansiysk) didn't give points, so that changed for this season but apparently not all teams were told..

Edited by heywoodu