website statistics

Central American and Caribbean Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

20 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Oh wow that is definitely a first. Probably a good model for future Pan Am hosts as well. Coincidentally for Toronto 2015, these two sports gave the biggest headaches in terms of organizing.

Toronto 2015 speed skating venue was odd. I guess it worked though. 

The Pan American Games will probably continue to have an indoor velodrome, which is unlikely to small to fit a patinodrome in the center. 

I don’t really know what a new patinodrome costs, but it doesn’t seem like it should be expensive, so I’d be interested to know how much Lima’s cost. 

Birmingham (Alabama) just made a temporary oval out of raised pavement in the parking lot for The World Games. The U.S could have used a propose built facility. I don’t think we have many. I understand why organizers did what they did though, even if I think the athletes deserve better for what is essentially their “Olympics.”

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Toronto 2015 speed skating venue was odd. I guess it worked though. 

The Pan American Games will probably continue to have an indoor velodrome, which is unlikely to small to fit a patinodrome in the center. 

I don’t really know what a new patinodrome costs, but it doesn’t seem like it should be expensive, so I’d be interested to know how much Lima’s cost. 

Birmingham (Alabama) just made a temporary oval out of raised pavement in the parking lot for The World Games. The U.S could have used a propose built facility. I don’t think we have many. I understand why organizers did what they did though, even if I think the athletes deserve better for what is essentially their “Olympics.”

The Toronto 2015 venue was chosen one month before the games, a high school athletics track. Probably one of the worst venues ever.

22 minutes ago, intoronto said:

The Toronto 2015 venue was chosen one month before the games, a high school athletics track. Probably one of the worst venues ever.

It was asphalt though wasn’t it?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:CUB v. :PUR heading into overtime in women’s handball. Not the best match perhaps, but still highly entertaining.

Edit: :CUB completes the comeback. :PUR just can’t close in team sports at these Games.

Edited by Olympian1010

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

0-2 unfortunately. :MEX was too dominant today.

Ana Martinez ended with 3 silver and is going tomorrow for another medal with Team competition. She has beaten Longoria a couple times, but the mexican still the best in the world.

Always weird watching a reduced entry omnium. I understand why it’s restricted to one rider a country at the Olympics, but surely the CAC Games and Pan Am Games could up that two riders so we don’t have these weird low entry mass start races.

:MEX with a text book sprint victory in the scratch. A lot of dumb tactics in that race. I respect the initiative of :COL:CUB:TTO. However, attacking a pack of seven riders on a 333m track with a minimal points difference on the line seems like a miscalculation from where I sit. They made the race interesting though, so thanks for that :d