website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

8 hours ago, dcro said:

@heywoodu Who do you like less? KJT or Reguigi? :p

KJT. Not much against her to be honest, but I have nothing against Reguigui, so Reguigui wins :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I would really like to see the predictions by those people ... personally i only expected one silver medal for Canada here (by Warner), so for me Canada is way overperforming already, but maybe thats just me ..

Canada won only one silver medal...or are you seriously saying that you expected only one medal in total for Canada? :mumble:

Just now, Dunadan said:

Canada won only one silver medal...or are you seriously saying that you expected only one medal in total for Canada? :mumble:

Yes, in which other events than mens decathlon did you predict a medal for Canada?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yes, in which other events than mens decathlon did you predict a medal for Canada?

De Grasse 100 and 200m, what were your predictions in those events? A big mistake from a great athletics expert like you to not predict De Grasse to win at least a medal.

Slowly catching up on yesterday's events and what :yikes: How did KJT manage to pass Thiam (or stay ahead of her, depending on how you look at it)? And I see Mayer gave away a present, too bad the best decathlete had to give up injured.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Told you Miller-Uibo could go far under 49 :p 

1 hour ago, Dunadan said:

De Grasse 100 and 200m, what were your predictions in those events? A big mistake from a great athletics expert like you to not predict De Grasse to win at least a medal.

So before the start of the competition, what made you sure that he would beat at least 2 out of Coleman/Simbine/Hughes/Gatlin in the 100 m and/or at least 1 out of Lyles/Guliyev/Quinonez in the 200 m, given that all of them have been faster than him (multiple times) in those respective events?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, heywoodu said:

Told you Miller-Uibo could go far under 49 :p 

Not sure anyone was doubting that, especially after her running 21.74 into a headwind in Zürich.

Just now, heywoodu said:

Slowly catching up on yesterday's events and what :yikes: How did KJT manage to pass Thiam (or stay ahead of her, depending on how you look at it)? And I see Mayer gave away a present, too bad the best decathlete had to give up injured.

Mainly the javelin throw, where Thiam was hindered all season long by an (elbow?) injury. Also the long jump and the high jump were subpar for Thiam + KJT setting new personal bests in the shot put/javelin throw of course also didnt help Thiam.

Edit: KJT was having an almost perfect competition for her standards, only her 200 m run was a bit disappointing, thats probably were she lost the points she needed to get over 7000 points. With 22.8 or 22.9 she would have gained another 30 points or so.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

So before the start of the competition, what made you sure that he would beat at least 2 out of Coleman/Simbine/Hughes/Gatlin in the 100 m and/or at least 1 out of Lyles/Guliyev/Quinonez in the 200 m, given that all of them have been faster than him (multiple times) in those respective events?

Weird, you make questions without answering mine which was very simple...you claimed that you expected only one Canadian medal (Warner), what were your predictions in men's 100m and 200m ?

This makes me think that you were (once again) lying and you did predict De Grasse to win at least one medal...shall we make a bet? Do I have to ask Sindo or a mod to check your predictions? :lol: