website statistics

South American Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

There are 13(!) entries listed for the women’s free artistic skating event tomorrow. I’m not certain they’ll all compete as the start list hasn’t been posted yet, but that’s easily the highest number of entries I’ve seen for any single event in artistic skating at a multi-sports games (assuming those are actual entries, and not just athletes put into the system by the NOCs.)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I quite enjoyed the opening ceremony. What a wonderful, vibrant start to these Games. :grouphug:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I really like the branding they choose for these Games. The venues pop nicely, and the graphics are nice (the few times they’re shown…)

Sarmiento :ECU beats Rueda Rueda :COL in the 1000m. It’s been a good year for her in terms of multi-sports games results. Gold in Birmingham (though that was on the road), and now gold in Asunción.

:COL still likely the strongest program on the continent, but certainly (at least for the sake of good competition, hopefully) not automatic picks for gold in Santiago next year. 

7 hours ago, konig said:

Brazil wins the gold in female MTB, silver for Argentina and bronze for Brazil.

Xavier De Oliveira Pereira :BRA won the men’s race, meaning Brazil takes both quotas on offer for Santiago 2023.