website statistics

Athletics

intoronto

19 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

Does Malik have a chance through world rankings if he doesn’t make the standard?

He’s not showing up on the Road to Paris, but I’d assume so. 

I have noticed that some athletes don’t appear on the Road to Paris rankings list, maybe because they aren’t high enough? 

12 minutes ago, Josh said:

He’s not showing up on the Road to Paris, but I’d assume so. 

I have noticed that some athletes don’t appear on the Road to Paris rankings list, maybe because they aren’t high enough? 

They need a minimum of 5 qualifying races to show up on the list.

8 hours ago, Josh said:

@intoronto which athletes have surpassed the Athletics Canada standard?

Also, entry list for the Paavo Nurmi Games on June 18 is now out. Andre DeGrasse and Jerome Blake in the men’s 100m, Alysha Newman in women’s pole vault, and Camryn Rogers in women’s hammer throw. 

I just found out AC has its own tracker here (with names!)

https://legacy.trackie.com/members/rankings-admin/tracking-lists/?id=126

Couple more decent results. 76.91m for recent NCAA Champion Rowan Hamilton in men’s hammer throw, and 73.61 for Adam Keenan. Duan Asemota with a 10.07 in men’s 100m, Abdullahi Hassan with a new PB of 1:46.41 in the men’s 800m, Jazz Shukla and Aurora Rynda 2:00.04 and 2:02.26 in the women’s 800m were the other highlights. 

Mediocre performances from Arop in the men’s 800m, Nubbe in men’s hammer throw, and Mitton in women’s shot put. 

Harry Jerome Classic is tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for some good performances. 

Makachi Murray in the men’s 100m, Ella Clayton, Alyssa Marsh, Kyra Constantine, Madeline Price, Grace Konrad in the women’s 400m, Abdullahi Hassan, Matti Erickson, Zakary Mama-Yari, Charles Philibert Thiboutot in the men’s 800m, Aurora Rynda, Madeleine Kelly, Jazz Shukla, Lucia Stafford, Addy Townsend in the women’s 800m, Kieran Lumb in the men’s 1500m, Kate Current, Celi McCabe, Madeline Kelly, Jazz Shukla (probably will withdraw from one or the other) in the women’s 1500m, Thomas Fafard and Charles Philibert Thiboutot in the men’s 3000m, Alycia Butterworth in the women’s 3000m steeplechase, Tatiana Aholou and Michelle Harrison in the women’s 100m hurdles, Craig Thorne in the men’s 110m hurdles, Zoe Sherar and Jacqueline Madogo in the women’s 200m, Django Lovett in men’s high jump, Rachel Hyink and Heather Abadie in women’s pole vault, Sarah Mitton, Grace Tennant, and Liv Sands in women’s shot put, Julia Tunks in women’s discus throw, Jeremiah Nubbe, Rowan Hamilton, and Adam Keenan in men’s hammer throw, Kaila Butler and Jillian Weir in women’s hammer throw, and Elizabeth Gleadle in women’s javelin throw. 

No Metivier or Newman. 

ELIZABETH GLEADLE!! :yikes::hyper:

Before 2024, she last competed in 2022, due to a potential career ending back injury. Her women’s javelin throw SB coming into this meet was only 54.55m, BUT SHES ABSOLUTELY SMASHED IT WITH A BEST THROW OF 61.31m! Olympic standard is 64.00m.