website statistics

Day 3 (February 7th, 2022)

6 minutes ago, james89 said:

Maybe @orangemancan comment on Beijing geography but I'm finding it odd that Catriona Le May Doan is at the Big Air qualifications. 

The Big Air venue is physically in Beijing....not in one of the two snow sports clusters.

41 minutes ago, intoronto said:

BBC says the judges missed a knee grab from Parrot in his second run and was over scored.  Not sure what to think

I feel like Canada has been on the wrong side of questionable judgement calls in slopestyle at the Olympics so I am not going to lose sleep over this.

23 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I feel like Canada has been on the wrong side of questionable judgement calls in slopestyle at the Olympics so I am not going to lose sleep over this.

Same.  Plus British media for some reason has had a hate-on for Canada at the Olympics since Vancouver.  I think a lot of other media wanted the big story of China's first gold medal and are upset they didn't get it.  People are only looking at the last jump, ignoring the rest of the run.  

1 minute ago, orangeman said:

Edouard will finish 13th, out of the final.  Looks good for Evan, though.  

I don’t think there is any chance he doesn’t qualify, looking at the scores.

The final will be unpredictable. So many strong skiers failed to qualify. The level today was very high.