website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

15 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Just got a glimpse of badminton in the highlights...

Kinda disappointed there is only one channel in the Olympic Channel when they have more sports than Minsk 2019

I know, I really enjoy watching badminton.

I'd really like to see how Gaitan is putting pressure on Michelle Li.

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

I know, I really enjoy watching badminton.

I'd really like to see how Gaitan is putting pressure on Michelle Li.

Unfortunately she just lost  :p

But yes she has the potential, I watched her matches at the Pan Am Championships

18 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Just got a glimpse of badminton in the highlights...

Kinda disappointed there is only one channel in the Olympic Channel when they have more sports than Minsk 2019

Badminton will not be broadcast on the world feed unfortunately. The EOC and OCA have done a much better job of promoting their events worldwide. There 4 international channels for both the 2018 Asian Games and 2019 Pan American. The host broadcaster does also have to think about cost, so I completely understand the decision not to show something like surfing, canoe slalom, sailing, etc. because that would quite a bit of money. Still MediaPro could’ve covered more in my opinion.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Unfortunately she just lost  :p

But yes she has the potential, I watched her matches at the Pan Am Championships

I hope she continues to grow.  If I'm not mistaken Mexican head coach is/was from Indonesia.

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Badminton will not be broadcast on the world feed unfortunately. The EOC and OCA have done a much better job of promoting their events worldwide. There 4 international channels for both the 2018 Asian Games and 2019 Pan American. The host broadcaster does also have to think about cost, so I completely understand the decision not to show something like surfing, canoe slalom, sailing, etc. because that would quite a bit of money. Still MediaPro could’ve covered more in my opinion.

Well yeah I don't have any expectations in Pan Am showing badminton... Getting them in the highlights is already decent job.

Unlike Minsk 2019 who promised them live but showing it delayed instead

Just now, Griff88 said:

Well yeah I don't have any expectations in Pan Am showing badminton... Getting them in the highlights is already decent job.

Unlike Minsk 2019 who promised them live but showing it delayed instead

At least they showed quite a few games though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela