website statistics

Tennis Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

24 minutes ago, jayakris said:

Lehecka has withdrawn, as per his X post -

Unfortunately due to vertebra injury he hasn't been on court for some time. He was hoping to make it to Wimbledon and he was nearly sure he would be able to make it to Paris. Unfortunately, the injury still does not let him play. Such a talented player and big loss for our tennis team at the Games 😭

32 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Unfortunately due to vertebra injury he hasn't been on court for some time. He was hoping to make it to Wimbledon and he was nearly sure he would be able to make it to Paris. Unfortunately, the injury still does not let him play. Such a talented player and big loss for our tennis team at the Games 😭

Yes, it is really sad for a young player with so much talent.  He just can't seem to stay healthy.  Has hardly played 4 or 5 events all year but has done quite well when healthy.

19 minutes ago, jayakris said:

Yes, it is really sad for a young player with so much talent.  He just can't seem to stay healthy.  Has hardly played 4 or 5 events all year but has done quite well when healthy.

Yeah, I guess that after the communication with the coach and team doctor, he does not want to rush back on court as it may get worse. Back injury - vertebra is a serious thing and should be treated wisely. So I understand his decision.  Now, I am hoping he will fully recover, maybe come back on court some time in fall and will be even stronger. And surely will also aim for LA28 :-) 

Any news about Croatian 🇭🇷 squad in men's doubles? I am asking because of Čilić... It seems that Pavić and Mektić will play together to defend gold and they should be seeded between 4 and 6. It means that Dodig has to play with Čilić (PR:21) or Ćorić (who has not yet qualified for sure) or olimpic silver medallist Dodig will not compete. 

These are unofficial seedings for men's doubles. Croatians and Germans did not confirmed their selections yet. Protected ranked players can not have seeding pair. I have a calculation that there is no chance to have pair (based on combined singles or singles and doubles ranking) that wil get into the top 8 seeding positions. There is one more calculation for Germans if Zverev will play doubles with Krawietz/Puetz, but I think he wouldn't.

image.png

🇭🇷🇭🇷🇭🇷

Singles:Donna Vekić,Petra Martić

Doubles:Nikola Mektić&Mate Pavić

Mix doubles: Mate Pavić&Donna Vekić

Dodig has no partner for doubles,because Čilić is injured. Ćorić has confirmed that he won't play even if he will be in.

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/sn/oi-pariz/fijasko-hrvatskog-tenisa-broj-jedan-odustao-od-pariza-ali-odluceno-je-koji-par-ide-po-zlato-15474215?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1gHMa4rjzpWGY9dbFdYtCGr0rVqOoJjJlV6MmGPC2x3T3VmFJrdmffegQ_aem_sIRbTmoTWYwyHk0QKFqB-A