website statistics

Skateboarding Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 12/18/2023 at 4:00 AM, Topicmaster1010 said:

So looking at the qualification rankings, :USA Jagger Eaton is in a qualifying position in both park and street. Anyone know if there'll be a quota reallocation or not?

As @Larajasaid he would get both quotas.

But World Skateboarding does not have any prevision for what would happen with the "missing" quota. USA could not take another skater as they would have 3 on park and 3 on street.

But could we have 23 athletes on street so Skateboarding would have 88 athletes in total? it is possible.

• 2 months later...

@Gianlu33 @phelps @Sindo

I was quite surprised that your skateboarder, Ivan Federico, wasn't competing at any event.

I took a look, and found a document from World Skate saying that he had been banned. This ban ended last month, but he didn't return for this last competition. Do you know why he got this supension?

21 hours ago, Laraja said:

@Gianlu33 @phelps @Sindo

I was quite surprised that your skateboarder, Ivan Federico, wasn't competing at any event.

I took a look, and found a document from World Skate saying that he had been banned. This ban ended last month, but he didn't return for this last competition. Do you know why he got this supension?

The official version is that he withdrew because he didn't want to compete and wanted to make videos on YouTube. Shadow ban?

7 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

The official version is that he withdrew because he didn't want to compete and wanted to make videos on YouTube. Shadow ban?

So that's his ban. It says that was imposed by Italian National Anti-Doping.

IVAN FEDERICO_Sanction _ (1).pdf

24 minutes ago, hckošice said:

@Laraja How this shit will work now ? Will be the points from OQS added to the current ranking points or all previous points will be removed and everything will start from scratch again ?

The points from the two OQS events will be added to total points. But these events will worth twice or three times more points than the previous ones. And only top 44 skateboarders will be able to participate.