website statistics

Skateboarding Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

How does the OQS work with this sport?  There is no direct qualification from the OQS, only from the OWSR; there is nothing in the World Skate Regulations that refers to the ranking points scale for these events (are they 'World Championships' or Pro Tour?); will other events in 2024 after the World Champs also qualify for ranking points?  :question:

F

11 hours ago, Cmon Mary said:

How does the OQS work with this sport?  There is no direct qualification from the OQS, only from the OWSR; there is nothing in the World Skate Regulations that refers to the ranking points scale for these events (are they 'World Championships' or Pro Tour?); will other events in 2024 after the World Champs also qualify for ranking points?  :question:

It only counts points to rankings. We don't know in which level will World Skate put these competitions. For Tokyo they had 5 scales, and now they just separated in Pro Tour and Worlds... I don't think they are going to change it, and I believe they will consider these events as Pro Tour.

Meanwhile, I think they will schedule other events to complete their calendar. We don't have any other skateboarding events this year, and only two until the games seems so few.

On 10/13/2023 at 4:37 PM, Laraja said:

F

It only counts points to rankings. We don't know in which level will World Skate put these competitions. For Tokyo they had 5 scales, and now they just separated in Pro Tour and Worlds... I don't think they are going to change it, and I believe they will consider these events as Pro Tour.

Meanwhile, I think they will schedule other events to complete their calendar. We don't have any other skateboarding events this year, and only two until the games seems so few.

I forgot, we have street Worlds to be competed in December.

On 10/13/2023 at 12:37 PM, Laraja said:

F

World Skate's management of skateboarding is an abomination. Thankfully, it does seem like most of the top athletes are able to make it to their competitions.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2023 at 5:27 AM, Cmon Mary said:

The new bulletin answered that. Basically many many points.

We will have the pro tour in Dubai in march and then OQS in Xangai and Budapest for both park ans street

On 12/18/2023 at 4:00 AM, Topicmaster1010 said:

So looking at the qualification rankings, :USA Jagger Eaton is in a qualifying position in both park and street. Anyone know if there'll be a quota reallocation or not?

No, he will get both quotas