website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread
Posted

This was the other finalist in our national selection.

These were my personal favorites for selection.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread
Posted

I’ve watched this performance a few times to week now. What an atmosphere!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I actually managed to see five (CODA, Dune, King Richard, Don’t Look Up, and Power of the Dog) of the films nominated for Best Picture this year. I was hoping to bump that up to eight over the weekend, but I just wasn’t feeling a lot of the films this year. I definitely want to watch Drive My Car and Belfast at some point though.

I honestly wouldn’t describe any of the nominees I’ve seen as groundbreaking, phenomenal cinema. That said, I thought CODA, King Richard, and Dune were solid, easily enjoyable films (definitely worth a watch if you get the chance). My ranking for the five films I did see would be:

1. CODA 2. Dune 3. King Richard 4. Power of the Dog 5. Don’t Look Up

I wasn’t able to finish Power of the Dog, and Don’t Look Up was to “on the nose” for me. I think the acting and camera work in Power of the Dog was superb. It just definitely wasn’t for me.

The only other film mentioned on here that I saw was The Hand of God. Like @vinipereira I would have nominated it as well. I was quite shocked it wasn’t nominated.

Edit: Oh, I should also add that I was furious The Summit of Gods was not nominated for best animated film. Beautiful storytelling and animation. 

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread
Posted
11 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

First Qualifiers show for the American Song Contest is less than 24 hours away. The 11 songs for tomorrow’s show were just released a few hours ago. It will be interesting to see how the ASC is received. 

Here’s a playlist of songs for tonight:

[OFF TOPIC] Music Thread
Posted

First Qualifiers show for the American Song Contest is less than 24 hours away. The 11 songs for tomorrow’s show were just released a few hours ago. It will be interesting to see how the ASC is received. 

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
21 minutes ago, dcro said:

Spotify is down. Damn.

Is it the Russians, pro-vaxxers or anti-vaxxers? At any rate my ride experience just got busted. :p

Everybody trying to listen to the new Stormae release :p 

Also, Alvan & Ahez feels like a consolation for Tanxugueiras missing out. I like both groups, so happy one managed to make it.